Perfect for PA amplification and live recording of acoustic guitar, mandolin, ukulele and dobro, the 4099G offers practically unlimited placement possibilities as well as a sound that is considerably more natural than an internal microphone or pick-up.
The 4099G is a unique clip microphone inheriting the sonic approach from the legendary DPA studio microphones to a new instrument microphone. The 4099 microphone and mounting system is meticulously designed and optimized for the guitar family. This is to ensure the best possible mount and audio reinforcement is achieved when performing live. The 4099G fits instruments with a body depth between 35 mm (1.4 in) and 122 mm (4.8 in).
Representing years of research and development, the 4099 condenser microphones feature supercardioid polar patterns for superior gain-before-feedback. Fully capable of handling the guitar's dynamic range and subtle details, these microphones live up to their pedigree with sound as accurate as DPA's other world-class microphones.
Despite its tiny, discreet size and elegant, lightweight design, 4099G is extremely rugged. The versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument with only one hand, while the mounting system is designed never to mar or scratch the finish of your instrument.
Reduce cable clutter on stage by using the DAO4099 Double Cable. The cable carries both the 4099 mic extension cable and a pick-up jack connection in one dual cable run in a nylon sock. The jack uses high quality Mogami cable and gold Neutrik connectors. At the instrument end there is a right-angled connector. The microphone extension is the DPA miniature cable.
Through the use of our extensive adapter system, the 4099 is compatible with virtually any wireless system and can also be used as a standard 48V phantom powered microphone via the included XLR connector.
Fleet owners of 4099s will appreciate the multiplicity of using the microphone for a number of different instruments simply by moving the microphone/gooseneck part to another instrument clip from the range.
With its very flexible design for a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities along with its extremely natural sound, the 4099 is truly a musician's mic without equal. Continuing DPA's heritage of sonic excellence, this series of microphones achieves the purest reproduction of your instrument and therefore your full range of expression.
Adapters for wireless microphones
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless system available plus 48 V Phantom.
DPA has specific adapters for AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Telex ProStar, Ramsa, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Toa, Vega and other systems. Each adapter for your cordless microphone is guaranteed to perfectly mate to your system of choice.
- Superior gain-before-feedback
- Wireless compatible
- Flexible and easy one-hand mounting
- Holder gentle to the instrument
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz, Second order low-cut filter at 80 Hz with DAD4099
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/-3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; - 44,5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm, from DAD4099: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB at 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Power supply: Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems; 48 V phantom power +/-4 V with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Current consumption: 1.5 mA; 3.5 mA with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 36 g (1.27 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD4099 XLR adapter)
- Operating temperature range: -40 C to 45 C (-40 F to 113 F)
- Relative humidity: Up to 90 %
- Gooseneck, length: 140 mm (5.5 in)
- Holder: Fits instruments with a body depth between 35 mm (1.4 in) and 122 mm (4.8 in)