K Series amplifiers deliver more power
while using less energy than conventional amplifiers. And its all in a durable, maintenance-free package thats just two rack
Using patented Balanced Current Amplifier
(BCA) circuitry, K Series amplifiers give you massive amounts of power
while generating just one-tenth the heat of conventional amplifiers. In fact, the powerful K2 amplifier
can deliver an amazing 1,250 watts
into 2 ohms
(and thats a very solid 2 ohms
Because of their incredible efficiency
, K Series amplifiers require no internal cooling fan and feature a closed chassis. Of course, no fan means no fan noise
. In addition, the closed chassis makes these amplifiers virtually immune to environmental problems such as dust, cigarette smoke, stage
fog and spilled liquids. In practical, everyday terms, the K Series amplifiers are essentially maintenance-free. As with all convection-cooled amplifiers, varying operating levels and loads may require additional air movement in high ambient temperature conditions.
Best of all, the K Series delivers all of the superior sound
that Crown is known for - tight, chest-slamming low end, crystal-clear highs
and a well-defined midrange
. Several exceptional product reviews concur that the K Series delivers fantastic sound
. The K Series stands above the rest as the performance leader in convection-cooled designs.Power Output
- 2-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 1250W
- 4-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 800W
- 8-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 500W
- 4-ohm Bridged-Mono: 2500W
- 8-ohm Bridged-Mono: 1600W
- No Fan No Noise
- 2,500 Watts, 2 ohms K2
- 1,500 Watts, 2 ohms K1
- Patented BCATM Circuit Design
- Unmatched Thermal Efficiency
- Superior Energy Efficiency
- Sealed Chassis
- Universal Power Supply
- Superior Sound
- Modular Design and Construction for Quick Service
- TLC -Thermal Level Control Protection Subtly and Dynamically Reduces Gain As Needed
- Automatic Turn-On Diagnostics
- Significantly Less Component Degrading Heat Generated
- Recessed, Detented Level Controls
Front Panel Controls
- Frequency Response: 0.25 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The frequency response is band limited with an 8 Hz double integrated 3rd-order Butterworth high-pass filter and a 32 kHz 7th-order Gaussian low-pass filter.
- Signal to Noise (unweighted): >100 dB below rated power.
- Voltage Gain (at maximum level setting): 31.5 dB (K1) or 33.1 dB (K2) with input sensitivity switch set to 1.4V. 26 dB with input sensitivity switch set to 26 dB gain (back panel switchable).
- Damping Factor: >3,000 from 10 to 400 Hz
- Line Voltage Requirements: Universal power supply can be configured to operate with 100, 120, 200, 220, 230, 240, 250 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz. Adapters are available through a Crown or Authorized Service Center.
Back Panel Controls
- Level: A calibrated rotary level control for each channel.
- Power: An on/off rocker switch.
- Input Sensitivity: A two-position switch for each channel located near each channel's input connectors. Can be set to 1.4 V for full output into an 8 ohm load or a fixed voltage gain of 26 dB.
- Bridge Output: An on/off switch near each channel's input connectors which, when turned on, bridges the two output channels for twice the output voltage.
- "Y" Input: An on/off switch located between the input connectors which, when turned on, parallels the two input channels.
- TLC: An LED for each channel indicates the amplifier's unique Thermal Level Control (TLC) circuitry is starting to make subtle and dynamic gain reductions to reduce heat rather than shut down. Unlike competitive amps, which may thermal out, Crown's TLC insures your show goes on.
- Clip: An orange LED for each channel which turns on when distortion of any type becomes audible in the amplifier output.
- IOCTM: The yellow input/output comparator indicators are sensitive distortion indicators that turn on long before distortion is audible. This circuit compares the actual waveforms of the input and output and immediately alerts you of any distortion that exceeds .05% to provide dynamic proof of distortion-free performance.
- Signal: A green LED for each channel which flashes dimly when a very low-level signal (as low as 10 mW) is present in the output. They flash brightly when a louder signal (at least 1 watt) is present at the output.
- Enable: A green LED that illuminates when the amplifier has been turned on and has power. When first turned on, there will be a brief two-second delay while the amplifier performs a quick turn-on diagnostic, and then illuminates the enable indicator to full brightness. If no signal is present, the Enable indicator will switch to a dim level.
- Input Connectors: One balanced 1/4 -inch phone jack and one 3-pin female XLR connector for each channel.
- Input Stage: Input is electronically balanced and employs precision 1% resistors.
- Input Impedance: Nominally 20 K ohms, balanced and 10 K ohms unbalanced.
- Input Sensitivity: 1.4 volts for standard 1 kHz power, or 26 dB gain.
- Output Connectors: Two sets of color-coded binding posts for banana plugs, spade lugs or bare wire (European models do not accept banana plugs.)
- DC Output Offset: 10 millivolts.
- Stereo: Unbalanced, two-channel.
- Bridge-Mono: Balanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 should be turned down.
- Cooling: High performance passive convection cooling system allows the amplifier to drive 2-ohm loads to high music sound levels (8 dB into clip) in a 40 C (104F) environment.
- Dimensions: Standard 19-inch (48.3 cm) rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 3.5-inch (8.9 cm) height and 16-inch (40.6 cm) depth behind front mounting surface.
- Approximate Weight:K1: 32 pounds (14.6 kg).K2: 38 pounds (17.3 kg).
- Center of gravity approximately 6 inches (15.2 cm) behind front mounting surface.