Out of stock
BSS AR-133 Active Direct Box
PA SKU # BSS AR133 MFR # AR-133 UPC # 691991600005
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Rugged Aluminium Case
- 1/4" & XLR Inputs
- XLR Output
- Ground-Lift Switch
- Switchable Pad
- Phantom or Battery Powered
Active Direct Box / Balancing DeviceThe unit includes phantom power and battery supplies as standard. Should the phantom power from the console fail or be accidentally switched off, the AR-133 automatically switches over to the internal 9V battery providing uninterrupted use.
The unit is housed in a rugged aluminium extrusion case, with robust polyurethane end-cheeks which give the AR-133 a very distinctive look.
Input connectors are both 1/4" jack sockets and an XLR socket, the latter meaning that the AR-133 can be used to convert unbalanced signals to a balanced output on XLRs throughout.
The arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management.
Input attenuation is 0, -20 or -40dB, making the box suitable for instrument, line or amplifier levels on inputs. On the output side, a ground-lift switch is provided for quick solutions to ground-loop problems.
The AR-133 uses an enhanced version of the same audio path as the AR-116, now regarded by many people as a reference standard. The sound quality is legendary, particularly on acoustic and bass guitars.
Numerous applications can be satisfied by the AR-133. For example, as well as the traditional guitar use, the AR-133 can be used with keyboards, DJ consoles, amplifier outputs, and other electronic sources.
An additional bonus is the ability to use the AR-133 as an active balancing device.
- Input Impedance: 1 mOhm (pad at 0dB), 47 kOhm (pad at -20dB or -40dB)
- Max Input: +9dBu (pad at 0dB), +29dBu (pad at -20dB), +49dBu (pad at -40dB)
- Input Connectors: Two Parallel 1/4" jack connectors (Tip Hot +ve, Sleeve ground), and a parallel XLR connector (unbalanced) (Pin 2 Hot +ve, Pin 1 & 3 ground)
- Output: Transformer Balanced
- Max Output: +8dBu into 600 Ohms or greater
- Output Connectors: XLR3-32 or equivalent
- THD: < 0.005% at 1khz, 0dbu output
- Noise: < -105db unweighted, 22hz-22khz, rms*
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/-1dB
- Main/Standby battery: 9 volt PP3 type, preferably alkaline
- Power Consumption: on phantom: less than 7.5mA, on battery: less than 2mA.
- Phantom Power: +20 volts DC to +48 volts DC
- Unit Weight: 650 gms, excluding batteries
- Dimensions: 59 mm x 124 mm x 143 mm (2.3" x 4.9" x 5.6")
Write Your Own Review
More from BSS