Blue Cat Audio PlugNScript
Electronic Download This product can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website. You will receive an email with the license code after you complete your order. Orders that are placed on weekends or holidays will be processed the next business day.
Emailed within 1-3 Business Days
PA SKU # XCH 1035413 MFR # 11-30208
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Audio & MIDI Scripting
- Build Virtual Instruments
- Export as VST Plug-In
- Customizable UI
- Editable with IDE
- Simple Scripting Syntax
- FX & Instrument Repository
Blue Cat's Plug'n Script is an audio and MIDI scripting plug-in that can be programmed to build custom effects or virtual instruments, without quitting your favorite DAW software.
Craft Your Own Effects & Instruments
With this plug-in, you can write your own plug-in with very little knowledge about programming. If you do not care about programming, Blue Cat's Plug'n Script can also be used as a regular multi effects processor with existing scripts or to get someone else write this very particular utility you have been searching for years and cannot find anywhere.
If you are an experienced programmer, you will find in Plug'n Script a powerful development environment for audio plug-ins: prototype algorithms quickly, generate a state of the art graphical user interface (GUI) without a single line of code, and export a VST plug-in, right from within your favorite DAW! Creating a plug-in has never been so fast!
This plug-in has been in our lab for several years and has been used to prototype lots of our existing plug-ins. It supports both scripts distributed as source code and pre-compiled binary scripts.
For source scripts, it uses the high performance AngelScript scripting engine, originally developed for video games, with a JIT compiler that helps compiling scripts into machine code for optimal performance. Starting with version 2, the plug-in also supports native (compiled) code and can load binary scripts built from C or C++ (or any language that can export C functions, such as Delphi, Fortran, .Net...), using the same interface as the angelscript version.
The plug-in includes dozens of audio and MIDI processing scripts as well as several virtual instruments and utilities to enhance your workflow. They can be used as is, or as examples to get started to write your own scripts. User scripts can be shared in the scripts repository, which also includes the factory scripts and native projects for reference.
To build complex effects chains using multiple scripts, you might be interested in Blue Cat's PatchWork, which can host multiple instances of this plug-in in series or parallel. While writing scripts, you might also want to use our analysis tools to check their effect on the signal.
- Audio and MIDI scripting plug-in.
- Build your own Audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments.
- Export your effect or instrument as an independent VST plug-in.
- Native binary scripts support (compiled C, C++ or Delphi, Fortran...).
- Fully customizable user interface that adapts to scripts automatically. Build your own using Blue Cat's KUIML language.
- Up to 48 input parameters and 32 outputs, with full MIDI and automation control.
- Use your favorite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for editing.
- Integrated JIT (Just In Time) compiler for optimal performance (scripts are not interpreted but compiled).
- Includes 56 scripts with source code and 136 presets for sound synthesis, MIDI FX, audio FX (comp, gate, tremolo echo, filters, looper...), waveform generation, file playback/recording and more.
- Side chain input and auxiliary outputs support.
- Surround support (up to 8 audio channels).
- Download free scripts from our audio & MIDI scripts repository.
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- For the plug-in, any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
- Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS Sierra (10.12), Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7) .
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
Write Your Own Review