Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro - Open Studio Headphones for Mixing and Mastering
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Professional Studio Reference Headphones - 250 Ohm
Professional Studio Reference Headphones - 250 Ohm
Professional headphone for studio applications, open.
Difference DT 990 PRO - DT 990 (Edition 2005)?
The DT 990 PRO is designed for use in studio and on stage for professional use. The headband has a rugged construction (thicker material) and gives a secure fit for the listener. This provides a better fit and causes also a more powerful compressed sound which is necessary for professional applications in studio, OB and FOH. The DT 990 (Edition 2005) is designed for listening music and relax. The headband provides a long wearing comfort for hours. The Hifi-version has a more transparent and open sound than the DT 990 PRO. The differences of both headphones are not huge in mechanical design, but only that small change causes a big difference in sound and application.
- Open, diffuse-field studio headphone
- Professional version of the many times awarded "DT 990"
- Extremely lightweight diaphragm for superb impulse performance
- Excellent sound reproduction
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- Single-sided cable
- Velour, circumaural ear pads
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Open
- Weight without cable: 250 g
- Frequency response: 5 - 35,000 Hz.
- Nominal impedance acc. to IEC 60268-7: 250 Ω /System
- Nominal SPL acc. to IEC 60268-7: > 96 dB
- Nominal THD acc. to IEC 60268-7: < 0.2%
- Power handling capacity acc. to IEC 60268-7: 100 mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Average pressure on ear acc. to IEC 60268-7: 3.5 N