Behringer Super-X Pro CX3400 Professional Crossover
PA SKU # BER CX3400 MFR # CX3400 UPC # 689076811385
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Stereo 2-Way/3-Way
- Mono 4-Way
- Individual Limiters on Each Output
- Adjustable Time Delay
- CD Horn Equalization
- Individual Output Gain Controls
- Individual Output Mute Switches
- Individual Phase Reverse Switches
- Switchable 25 Hz Low Cut Filter
High-Precision Stereo 2-Way/3-Way/Mono 4-Way Crossover with Limiters, Adjustable Time Delays and CD Horn CorrectionThe CX3400 3-way stereo/4-way mono crossover features absolute precision, state-of-the-art circuitry, with superior-grade components, ultra low-noise op amps and balanced inputs and outputs. The CX3400 also includes a switchable pre-EQ circuit, providing enhanced performance of systems with constant-directivity horns. A user-adjustable multi-band limiter is included for the ultimate protection of individual loudspeaker system components.
When a sound system is tuned properly, it becomes powerful, balanced and efficient. Bass content is punchy and tight, with vocals and instruments that are rich, crisp and well defined. The CX3400 crossover's accurate signal processing protects critical loudspeaker components and improves overall system efficiency.
What's a Crossover?
Chances are if you're reading this, you already know what a crossover is and you know that you need one. But if you are new to multi-way PA systems, here is a brief overview.
Loudspeakers (which we call transducers) convert electrical signals into sound waves. And no matter how well a transducer is designed and made, it simply cannot reproduce the entire audio spectrum all by itself. Low-frequency sounds tend to push a transducer to its maximum, making it impossible for that same transducer to reproduce the treble content with the sound quality it deserves. (Try singing high falsetto next time you're bench-pressing your limit!)
That is why high-quality sound systems use multiple speakers (woofers and tweeters) to share the work. When the woofer (usually the larger transducer) does all the heavy lifting, the tweeter can easily handle the high-frequency stuff. Three- and four-way systems distribute the work even more, allowing the individual transducers to reproduce the frequency range they are best suited to. It is the crossover's function to divide these tasks between the various transducers.
Divide and Conquer
The CX3400 provides two modes of operation: 3-way stereo, for left and right Lows (woofers), Mids and Highs (tweeters); and 4-way mono, for Lows, Low-Mids, High-Mids and Highs. In either mode, you have the option of normal (left and right), or summed-mono low-frequency output. Adjustable time delays (up to two milliseconds) are also provided, so that the sound coming from the various transducers arrives at the listener in-phase and at the same time.
By using 1% metal film resistors, along with other extremely tight-tolerance components, the CX3400 is able to guarantee surgically precise frequency selection with incredibly low thermal noise. State-of-the-art, ultra low-noise op amps ensure super-quiet operation. CX3400's elegant LED matrix shows at a glance which operation mode is selected and which controls are active.
All of the inputs and outputs accept balanced and unbalanced XLR connections. The inputs feature 25 Hz Low Cut filters for low-frequency driver protection. Mute and phase invert switches are provided for each frequency range, making troubleshooting an entire loudspeaker system a breeze.
Stop by your authorized BEHRINGER dealer today and demo the CX3400, the super-affordable way to optimize the performance of your sound system.
You Are Covered
We always strive to provide the best possible Customer Experience. Our products are made in our own MUSIC Group factory using state-of-the-art automation, enhanced production workflows and quality assurance labs with the most sophisticated test equipment available in the world.
As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
- Professional stereo 2-way/3-way/mono 4-way crossover featuring state-of-the-art Linkwitz-Riley filters with 24 dB/octave
- Individual Limiters on each output for optimal loudspeaker protection
- Adjustable time delay for phase alignment between drivers
- CD horn equalization for constant directivity horn compensation
- Absolutely flat summed amplitude response, zero phase difference
- "Low Sum" function provides mono output for subwoofer operation
- Individual output Gain controls for all bands
- Individual output Mute switches for easy band adjustment
- Individual Phase reverse switches for instant phase correction
- Switchable 25 Hz Low cut filter on each input for low-frequency driver protection
- Servo-balanced and gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Ultra-high precision potentiometers for ultimate accuracy and repeatability
- Illuminated switches for secure operation in dark stage environments
- Shielded toroidal mains transformer for minimal noise interference
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Write Your Own Review
More from Behringer