Behringer S16 Digital Snake I/O Box
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 16 Remote-Controllable Midas Preamps
- 8 Outputs
- AES50 Networking
- Klark Teknik SuperMAC Technology
16-Channel Digital Snake I/O Box
Got digital mixing? Add a digital snake.
The new S16 Digital Snake from BEHRINGER takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the band. The S16 provides 16 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps plus 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH via a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router.
Any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can tap into the S16's powerful feature set. So if you happen to work on an analog mixing board occasionally, you could use the S16 and an A/D/A convertor to form a high-performance, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake, all on one CAT5 connection, keeping the preamp remote control functionality.
The S16's monitoring / head amp control section allows you to select any one of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs or P16 output streams for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power, plus you have the option of listening directly to the input signal via headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S16 its high-capacity digital interconnectivity with ultra-low latency operation, as well as simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIK engineers worked with BEHRINGER product developers to ensure the S16 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live performance entertainers and their professional audio engineers.
- Simple, flexible, and affordable digital snake system that works with any AES50 network-ready digital console
- 16 x fully programmable and remote-controllable Midas mic preamps give you exceptional sound, right from the stage
- 8 x analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs let you send complete monitor mixes to the stage
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik SuperMac technology, providing you with ultra-low latency digital audio that's in-ear compatible
- Up to 328' of networking capability via a single lightweight CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports let you cascade multiple S16 units, without a merger or a router
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays let you keep a close eye on your levels
- Headphones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Ultranet connectivity for Behringer's Powerplay P16 Personal Monitoring System is perfect for In-Ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility, noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Durable yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis provides flexible mounting