Behringer Composer Pro-XL MDX2600 V2 Dual-Channel Dynamics Processor
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 2 Independent or Linkable Channels
- Expander/Gate, Compressor & Peak Limiter
- Integrated De-Esser & Dynamic Enhancer
- Selectable Tube Simulation
- Balanced XLR & 1/4" I/O
- 1/4" Sidechain Sends & Returns
- Auto or Manual Attack/Release Times
- Switchable Sidechain High-Pass Filter
- Switchable Operating Level
- Informative 12-Segment LED Meters
Reference-Class 2-Channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter with Integrated De-Esser, Dynamic Enhancer and Tube Simulation
The reference-class MDX2600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX2600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, Low-Contour filter and our revolutionary, switchable Tube simulation - for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry. Put simply, the MDX2600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments - providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
Audio Dynamics Toolkit
There are just a few of the MDX2600's outstanding capabilities:
Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) - provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
IGC (Interactive Gain Control) - combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
Enhancer - lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail - without raising overall volume
Tube Simulation - provides the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry, creating a sound rich in harmonic content
De-Esser - "must-have" tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre - often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
Side Chain - allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies - also often used to "tighten up" tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
Stereo Couple - links both channels, allowing Channel 1 dials and switches to provide dynamics control over both channels (true stereo processing)
Revolutionary Tube Simulation
The secret behind the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600's incredible sound is our Tube Modeling processor, which exudes the very essence of tube and compression. This amazing circuitry accurately emulates the performance characteristics of highly sought-after classic tube compressors, creating a sound that is so rich in harmonic content - you'll wonder where we hid the tubes!
The MDX2600 features amazingly-accurate 12-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 1/4" Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX2600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features - the MDX2600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows - and an absolute "must-have" for your studio! Check out the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 at your Behringer dealer, or place your order online today.
You Are Covered
We always strive to provide the best possible Customer Experience. Our products are made in our own MUSIC Group factory using state-of-the-art automation, enhanced production workflows and quality assurance labs with the most sophisticated test equipment available in the world.
As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Integrated De-esser with switchable male/female voice recognition removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable dynamic Enhancer for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Switchable Tube simulation for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable Low contour filter prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo couple function with independent output level settings
- Switchable side chain input with monitor function
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- Dedicated "traffic light" Threshold and De-esser level displays
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with 1/4" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Relay-controlled hard bypass switch with auto bypass function in case of power failure
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany