Aviom AN-16/i v.2 A-Net Input Module
PA SKU # AVI AN16IV2 MFR # AN-16/I V.2 UPC # 886830755576
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- 16 Channel Line Level Input Module with 16 Input and 16 Through 1/4" TRS Connectors
16 Channel Line Level Input Module with 16 Input and 16 Through 1/4" TRS ConnectorsThe AN-16/i v.2 Input Module is used to connect up to 16 balanced line-level inputs from a console's direct outputs, insert points, aux sends, and/or submixes to a personal mixing system or digital snake. When used alone, one AN-16/i v.2 can generate a single 16-channel Pro16 A-Net signal.
The A-Net In on the AN-16/i v.2 allows multiple Pro16 input devices (including console cards, AN-16/i-M, AV-M8, and the original AN-16/i) to be connected together to generate the higher channel count Pro16e version of A-Net used by the A360 Personal Mixer.
Analog line-level audio connected to the TRS inputs on the AN-16/i v.2 is converted to digital and transmitted via the Pro16 version of A-Net over Cat-5e cable to Personal Mixers or Pro16 output devices. The AN-16/i v.2 can also generate the enhanced version of Pro16 A-Net, Pro16e, required for use with the A360 Personal Mixer when a second Pro16 input device is connected to its A-Net In jack. The AN-16/i v.2 merges its analog inputs with the incoming A-Net stream, creating the expanded Pro16e digital audio stream. Four slot range switches allow each AN-16/i v.2 in a system to be assigned to one of the four slot ranges supported by the Pro16e protocol, increasing the total audio sources available to the personal mixing system to 64.
Monitor System Building Blocks
The AN-16/i v.2 is typically placed near the front-of-house or monitor console to simplify patching when it is used as the head-end for a Pro16 personal mixing system. Audio from the console-any combination of channel inserts, direct outs, submixes, auxes, or groups-is connected to the TRS input channels on the AN-16/i v.2. A dedicated audio thru jack is available for each input channel, allowing the AN-16/i v.2 to be seamlessly inserted into an existing audio signal path.
When used with A360 Personal Mixers, the Pro16e protocol allows stereo inputs sources to be seamlessly integrated into a personal mixing system. Each odd/even pair of inputs on the AN-16/i v.2 is automatically assigned to a single channel button on the A360 when a stereo source is connected.
Note that the original A-16 Personal Mixer (discontinued in 2004) is not compatible with the AN-16/i v.2.
Digital Snakes and Audio Networks
Used in conjunction with the AN-16/o v.4 Output Module, the AN-16/i v.2 can also be used in a digital snake as an input path for main return signals from front-of-house to signal processors and amps at the stage. The AN-16SBR System Bridge can be used to combine up to four 16-channel A-Net streams onto a single Cat-5e cable in a variety of bidirectional configurations.
The flexibility and simplicity of the Pro16 Series allows complex audio distribution systems and snakes to be created quickly and cost-effectively.
- Sixteen balanced audio inputs (1/4-in TRS connectors)
- Sixteen balanced Thru connectors (TRS)
- A-Net In with four-position slot range selector switch
- Stereo Link switches for each channel pair
- Four-position gain switches (+22, +4, 0, -10dB)
- Signal present and clip LEDs per channel
- Audio Inputs: 16, balanced line-level, 1/4-inch TRS connector
- Inputs: Tip: Audio +; Ring: Audio -; Sleeve: Ground
- TRS Thru: Impedance matched output
- Analog to Digital Conversion: 48kHz sample rate, 24 bit
- Frequency Response: 4Hz-22kHz
- A-Net In: One Category 5 (RJ45 connector)
Four-position slot range selector switch for use with Pro16e A-Net
- A-Net Out: One Category 5 (RJ45 connector)
Supports Pro16 and Pro16e
- Gain Settings: Four-position switch, -10dBv, 0dBu, +4dBu, and +22dBu
- Channel LED Indicators: Signal Present and Clip, per channel
- Line Inputs: Impedance: 48k ohms
- Metering: LEDs; green: Signal Present, red: Clip; per channel
- Stereo Operation: Stereo Link, per channel pair;
Two-position switch (Normal, Link)
- Maximum Input Level: +22dBu
- Input Impedance: 17.8k ohm
- Freq. Response: 4Hz-22kHz +0.2dB/-3dB
- THD +N: < 0.003%
- Crosstalk: -90dB
- Bit Error Rate (BER): 10(-12)
- Signal to Noise (unweighted): 90dB typical, A/D to D/A
Measured from AN-16/i to AN-16/o Output Module
- Digital Outputs: A-Net: 1; RJ45 connector
- A-Net Pro16 and Pro16e: Use unshielded Cat-5e UTP (or better) cable
- Latency: <0.880 msec (measured from analog input to analog output)
- Power Supply: External, DC, universal switching type
- Input Voltage: 100-240 volts, 50/60Hz, 30VA
- Output Voltage: 18-24 VDC, 0.5 amp
- Plug Size: 2 mm
- Power: 18-24 VDC, 500mA
- Dimensions: 19" (482.6 mm) wide x 5.75" (146 mm) deep; 1U high
- Weight: 6.8 lb (3.08 kg)
- Options: AN-16SBR System Bridge; used to combine up to four A-Net streams for transmission over one Cat-5e cable
Write Your Own Review