Avid Pro Tools | HD Native Thunderbolt Interface (Pro Tools | HD Software)
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 1.7ms Latency
- 64 Channels of I/O
- Automatic Delay Compensation
- High-Speed Connectivity
- Achieve Pristine Sound
High Performance Goes Native
When it comes to creating music or sound for picture, high quality doesn’t have to come at a high price. Get the same pristine sound of Pro Tools | HDX for less with Pro Tools | HD Native. Instead of dedicated DSP, HD Native harnesses the power of your computer, so you can take on large, complex sessions. Escape the latency lag of USB and FireWire interfaces. Get the advanced tools and near-sample-accurate lock to timecode you need to keep things in sync and turn around projects faster.
Get High-Speed Connectivity
Pro Tools | HD Native comes with a high-speed Thunderbolt interface and Pro Tools | Ultimate software, enabling you to create and take on big music and audio productions with up to 384 voices/tracks (audio interfaces sold separately). And it offers easy connection to the latest Mac-based desktop and laptop computers for dedicated studio use or on-the-go creation.
Capture and play back performances in the absolute highest audio fidelity, with complete sound transparency. Simply add your choice of one or more premium Pro Tools | HD series audio interfaces to your core system. Record analog and digital sources in pristine sound clarity with the fully customizable HD I/O. And track, mix, and monitor up to 7.1 surround with the all-in-one HD OMNI.
Looking to upgrade an existing studio? Pro Tools | HD Native is an easy fit. Connect the system into any MADI-enabled broadcast, post-production, or live sound environment with the HD MADI option. And keep your HD Native system and all other digital devices connected to it in perfect sync with SYNC HD.
Create without limits
With Pro Tools | Ultimate software included, you can create any type of music or soundtrack project imaginable. Record high-quality audio. Compose with virtual instruments, MIDI, and notation tools. Collaborate with anyone, anywhere. Edit with speed and precision. Work with HD video. Resolve your system to house reference with near-sample-accurate lock to serial timecode. Accelerate mixing with advanced automation. And deliver your best sounding mixes possible.
Immerse yourself in Dolby Atmos—just added
- Today’s moviegoers have high expectations, demanding more bang for their buck. That’s why Dolby Atmos is the hottest thing in cinema and home theater, delivering bigger, more immersive audio experiences to viewers. And now you can get the most efficient Dolby Atmos mixing workflows in the industry—with support for Atmos 7.1.2 audio stems, native object panning, advanced automation, ADM BWAV support, and deep Avid control surface integration—right in Pro Tools | HD Native with the latest Pro Tools | Ultimate software.
Create with power
- With Pro Tools | Ultimate software included, you can create and mix the largest, most complex productions easily. Record up to 384 audio tracks, with near-zero latency. Add Pro Tools | Ultimate Voice Packs to increase your voice count up to 768 simultaneous voices/audio tracks—on par with a three-card HDX system. Keep sessions running smoothly with 64-bit performance and dynamic host processing. Experience exceptionally responsive recording and playback performance. And get incredible processing and mix control with unlimited busses.
- Get access to a wide range of virtual instruments, plus full MIDI and notation tools, to compose the parts you need. Lay down beats with the drum machine, drum samples, or loops. Add real-sounding bass, guitar, piano, and other accompaniments. And layer in a variety of other sounds to build out your song—from orchestral instruments to sound effects. Your creative possibilities are endless.
Get advanced editing
- Get the sophisticated tools you need to edit audio and MIDI with precision. Punch in and out of recordings. Change or fix tempo, time, and pitch. Comp together tracks with multiple playlists to create flawless performances. And speed up editing tasks with scrub trim, time compression, and other advanced tools.
Experience sheer speed
- Experience snappy performance on even the largest projects, thanks to Disk Cache, RAM-based recording/playback, and real-time fades. Instantly keep all channel routing in check with bus interrogation. Work faster with pro-level tools, including Clip Gain, Auto Fades, and Automatch automation. You can even share sessions and collaborate with other audio and video professionals to complete projects faster.
Work with video
- Creating music and sound for movies and television doesn’t get any easier. That’s because you have control of both sound and picture. Play and edit HD video and Avid DNxHD sequences right in your Pro Tools | Ultimate timeline. View and edit up to 64 video tracks to accommodate major projects. You can even share audio mixes with Media Composer editors—and vice-versa—enabling easy collaboration.
Achieve incredible sound
- Build up your sonic canvas with access to 114 sound processors, virtual instruments, and utility plugins. Shape sounds with high-quality EQ and dynamics. Create beautiful ambient spaces with reverb. Get the tones of the world’s greatest guitar amps. Design retro or modernly unique sound effects. And fold down surround mixes to stereo with ease.
Accelerate your mix
- Deliver your final mix on time—with complete confidence. Create everything from mono to 7.1 surround or expansive Dolby Atmos mixes. Mix on the world’s most powerful control surfaces for the ultimate experience. View and optimize your mix using K-system, VU, and other professional metering standards. And with advanced automation tools, including Capture, and Preview, you can tackle even the largest, most complex mixes quickly.
Get high-speed Thunderbolt connectivity
- When recording, the smallest distraction can affect your performance. The most frustrating—dealing with the latency USB and FireWire-based audio interfaces can bring. That’s why Pro Tools | HD Native elevates your recording experience with high-speed Thunderbolt connectivity. This nearly eliminates that distracting delay you hear while recording, leading to better performances. The interface even offers an audiophile-grade headphone output so you can hear every detail.
- Moving up from a Pro Tools system? Get more power to create bigger, more complex mixes. Create huge sessions with up to 384 audio tracks and 512 instrument tracks. Capture and monitor up to 64 inputs and outputs at the same time. And handle the most intense virtual instrument and plugin-heavy mixes easily.
Achieve pristine sound
- Get the highest fidelity and sound transparency when you choose Pro Tools | HD Series audio interfaces, sold separately. Capture audio in stunning clarity at up to 32-bit, 192 kHz resolution. Get more headroom—and less headaches—thanks to 64-bit floating-point processing. Have more room to push things further, without clipping or obsessive gain staging. And get significantly greater dynamic range to elevate your mixes.
Create on the go
- Free yourself from the confines of the studio and create wherever inspiration takes you. Pair the HD Native Thunderbolt interface with a single rack space HD OMNI audio interface and your laptop and you’ve got a fully mobile, full-powered recording rig. Or compose, edit, and mix with just Pro Tools | Ultimate software on your laptop for easy on-the-go creation.
Work the way you want
- Pro Tools | HD Native is completely modular, so you can create the perfect rig for what you do. Connect up to four Avid and/or third-party analog and digital audio interfaces. Mix on your full system or on the go with just a laptop. Accelerate mixing by adding a control surface. Integrate into broadcast, post-production, and live sound environments with MADI. And sync your entire studio together as one with included Satellite technology to get the best sound possible.
Simultaneous voices/audio tracks @ 48/96/192 kHz**
- 384/192/96 (up to 768 with three Voice Packs)
- 1.7 ms
Channels of I/O
Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC)
- 16,383 samples
- 32-bit floating point
- 64-bit floating point
- n/a (CPU host)