Avid Pro Tools - HD MADI Interface
PA SKU # AVD 99005883440 MFR # 9900-58834-40 UPC # 724643110666
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Send/Receive Up to 64 Audio Streams
- 24-bit, 192 kHz Sample Rate Support
- 2 MADI Inputs and 2 MADI Outputs
- Compact 1RU Size
- SRC on All I/O Channels
- Sync to External Time Clock
- Completely Integrates with Pro Tools HD
Integrate Pro Tools into Post and Broadcast Environments Through 64 MADI ChannelsExpand your Pro Tools|HD workflow to integrate with MADI-equipped devices-including routers and digital mixing consoles-with the all-digital HD MADI interface. The perfect solution for integrating Pro Tools|HD into post-production and broadcast environments, HD MADI gives you great connection flexibility, fuss-free use through built-in sample rate conversion, and the ability to send and receive up to 64 channels of audio between your Pro Tools setup and MADI devices up to 2 km (1.24 miles) away-all with a single rack unit interface.
Open Up Your Workflow
MADI is an open protocol, and there are a wide variety of MADI-compatible devices available, including digital mixing consoles, mobile recording setups, and routers. With the HD MADI interface, you can easily add MADI devices directly to your recording setup, as well as integrate Pro Tools|HD into broadcast and live sound environments. And because the interface supports both optical and coaxial connections, as well as 56- and 64-channel modes, you can connect to a wide variety of MADI devices from countless manufacturers-without additional format converters.
Forget about having to make sure your sample rates or the master clock match. HD MADI provides built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on all inputs and outputs, so you can simply plug in and go-no converting sessions or down-sampling external MADI devices. And, because your audio output occurs simultaneously on both the coaxial and optical outputs, you can easily send audio to redundant systems without needing a splitter.
Work with Pro Tools and More
HD MADI and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and complete control of your signal flow right from your Pro Tools software interface.
Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between Pro Tools|HD and other MADI devices
Maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support
Gain connection and routing flexibility through optical and coaxial connections:
2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial)
2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial)
Forget having to match sample rates, thanks to built-in SRC on all I/O channels
Sync to an external clock through dedicated BNC Word Clock and XLR AES/EBU connections when using SRC on output
Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full input, output, and routing control
Compact 1U rack-mountable design overcomes space limitations
Note: Please be aware that you'll need Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software to use this interface-a free update is available for download to all registered Pro Tools HD 8.x users.
* Requires a Pro Tools|HD 2 Accel or larger system for full track count.
- Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between Pro Tools|HD and other MADI devices
- Maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support
- Gain connection and routing flexibility through optical and coaxial connections:
- 2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial)
- 2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial)
- Forget having to match sample rates, thanks to built-in SRC on all I/O channels
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full input, output, and routing control
- Sync to an external clock through dedicated BNC Word Clock and XLR AES/EBU connections when using SRC on output
- Keep things in sync with versatile Clock support, including Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, AES/EBU, and MADI
- Gain better device compatibility with 64-channel (non-Varispeed) and 56-channel (Varispeed) support (at 48 kHz)
- Integrate Pro Tools|HD with MADI-equipped VENUE live sound systems for recording and Virtual Soundcheck
- Verify and troubleshoot signals through status indicators and global I/O signal LEDs
- Compact 1U rack-mountable design overcomes space limitations
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through two DigiLink Mini connections (32 audio channels each; cables and adaptors included)
- HD MADI works with the following host audio systems
- Avid-qualified Pro Tools|HD system running Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software
- Any third-party system that supports Core Audio or ASIO drivers
Write Your Own Review
More from Avid