- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Smooth and accurate response
- Balanced for handhead use
- -10 dB pad and bass roll off
- Handles high sound pressure levels
- Excellent gain before feedback
- Low handling noise
- Pop resistant grill
- 3 year warranty
Supercardioid Condenser Instrument and Vocal Microphone
High performance electret condenser for vocals & acoustic instruments
The VX5 is a multi purpose, professional vocal condenser microphone designed for live, studio and broadcast applications. With an ability to duplicate studio quality sound on stage, the VX5 has a smooth and accurate frequency response, resistance to feedback and handles very high SPLs without distortion.
Designed with a tight and uniformly controlled supercardioid polar pattern, the VX5 helps isolate vocals from the rest of the stage. Other features are a 14 mm gold vapor diaphragm, an acoustically ported steel mesh grill with a multi-stage pop filter, and a -10 dB pad and bass roll-off filter. The VX5 will handle SPLs in excess of 140 dB (with pad and roll-off engaged) and will provide over 20 dB of ambient noise rejection on live stages.
In addition to vocal applications, the VX5 is designed to capture instruments such as guitars, woodwinds, brasses, percussion toys, drum overheads, hi-hats and pianos.
The VX5 requires 18 - 52 V phantom power.
- Supercardioid polar pattern rejects ambient noise and distortion.
- -10dB Pad switch provides added headroom and eliminates peak distortion.
- A bass roll off switch minimizes low frequency noise and hum.
- Transducer: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 16.5kHz +/- 3dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 68dB
- Maximum Input Sound Level: >140dB (w/-10dB pad)
- Power Requirements: +48V Phantom
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR
- Pad: -10dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Bass roll-off filter
- Dimensions: 6.83 x .90" (173.5 x 23mm) (Length x Diameter)
- Weight: 5.6 oz (160 g)
- Live and studio vocals, lead and backing
- Acoustic instruments