PA SKU # AT AT4060A MFR # AT4060A UPC # 4961310121990
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Vintage Tube Sound
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- 20Hz-20kHz Frequency Response
- Dual-Diaphragm Capsule
- Hand-Selected Tubes
The AT4060a is a large-diaphragm cardioid condenser tube microphone, designed for use in the most demanding studio applications. Each hand-selected tube is individually aged and tested, then employed in a uniquely configured circuit for enhanced tube performance.
Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone
Specially tuned elements improve dynamic range and the allow the AT4060a to handle high SPLs without sacrificing high-frequency characteristics. Floating-construction mounting of the elements provides isolation from noise and vibration.
The AT4060a operates in conjunction with the included tube microphone powering unit, featuring low-impedance output and a ground-lift switch.
- Vintage tube sound with the versatile performance necessary for the most demanding studio applications
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Max. Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 0.5% T.H.D.
- Noise: 19 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Power Requirements: AT8560a tube microphone powering unit (100-240V AC)
- Weight: Microphone: 645 g - Tube microphone powering unit: 1.3kg
- Dimensions: Microphone: 215.0 mm long - 53.4 mm maximum body Ø Tube microphone powering unit: 212.0 mm W x 131.5 mm D x 46.0 mm H
- Output Connector: 3-pin XLRM-type (on tube microphone powering unit)
- Cables: 7.6 m cable with 6-pin XLR-type connectors for use between microphone and tube microphone powering unit; AC power cable
- Accessories furnished: AT8560a tube microphone powering unit; AT8447 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; rack-mount adapters for tube microphone powering unit; protective mic carrying case
Write Your Own Review
More from Audio-Technica