ART USBMix4 Project Series 4-Channel Mixer and Computer Interface
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- For Recording or Analog Mixing
- 2 x Combination XLR-1/4" Inputs
- 2 x 1/4" Inputs
- 3.5mm Auxiliary & Mono-Mic Inputs
- 2 x 1/4" Main Mix Outputs
- 1/4" TRS Stereo & Headphone Outputs
- Phantom Power & HI-Z Impedance Switching
- 3.5mm Headphone Output
- Selectable USB Record/Playback Options
- Includes Adapter, USB Cable & Software
Four Channel Mixer / USB Audio Interface
The ART Project Series USBMIX4 is a mixer for microphones, instruments, and line-sources; it also doubles as a USB interface with assignable recording/playback sources. It can operate as a standalone mixer in the analog domain, as well as a one-stop shop for recording podcasts with up to two microphones. The USBMIX4 features two combination inputs that take both XLR and 1/4" connections, allowing you to plug in a microphone, a high-impedance instrument, or a line level source. Two more input channels are provided for 1/4" sources, and a 3.5mm auxiliary input for devices such as MP3 players, tablets, and more.
On the output side, you’re given two balanced, TRS 1/4" jacks for your main mix, as well as TRS terminations for stereo and headphone outputs. If you prefer headphones with a 3.5mm connection point, a compatible jack is on hand for that particular purpose. Channel one sports switchable 48V phantom power, while channel two gives you an impedance switch for HI-Z instrument sources. Both channels give you a pad, gain pots, level pots, pan pots, and a two-band EQ.
The mixer can be bus-powered when used with your computer, though in standalone applications, you can operate the USBMIX4 with the included adapter. The unit works with Mac and PC computers, providing class-compliant, plug-and-play compatibility and obviating the need to download any drivers. A USB cable is provided, as is Audacity—software to handle the recording, editing, and basic mixing of audio material.
- Low-noise design
- 2 x Combination XLR-1/4" balanced XLR / unbalanced instrument inputs with switchable impedances
- Balanced 1/4" TRS inputs for stereo or mono line-level sources on CH3
- 1/4" TRS output jacks work with balanced or unbalanced lines
- 3.5mm TRS stereo Aux/MP3 input
- Stereo output, independent from the PC interface switch
- Stereo 1/4” TRS headphone jack with independent level control for output monitoring
- Independent controls for both sets of inputs, main output, and headphone monitor
- Red LED signal/clip indicator for channels 1 and 2
- Switchable assignment of USB playback to channels 1 and 2 or monitor
- Assignable USB record source
- USB 2.0 compliant: no special drivers are needed with most modern versions of Windows or Mac OS
- USB cable and Audacity recording software included
- Operates on USB power or 5 VDC external power supply (included)