APS Aeon 2 Active Monitor
PA SKU # APS AEON2 MFR # AEON 2
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Clear Sound Stage
- Full Frequency Range
- High Quality Amps
APS Aeon 2 7" Nearfield Active Monitor, SingleAPS GERMANO ACOUSTICS AEON 2 is the brainchild of a collaboration between APS and the famous Germano Studios from New York. This monitor combines all our expertise in the field of sound. We designed it with the utmost care for every detail to create the perfect tool for professionals. The AEON 2 monitor includes perfectly-tuned amplitude and phase characteristics, high-end transducers, excellent, high power amplifiers with minimal distortions.
The AEON 2 features two unique AB amplifiers designed to deliver power to the speakers with very low non-linear distortions at low and high sound levels. They are fitted with an extremely efficient power supply, providing enough power even at the highest SPL.
The High Definition soft dome tweeter with a wide surround combines the high frequency dispersion of a 3/4" dome with the low frequency characteristics of a 1" dome. Large ferrite magnet ensures high efficiency, good transient response and low distortions.
The custom made, high fidelity long throw woofer/midrange unit with a hard cellulose cone is fitted with a strong, perfectly optimized magnetic circuit to ensure minimal distortions and provide excellent transient response and high dynamics.
Perfectly tuned box and the midwoofer along with the special spectral shaping plus the two mentioned, unique AB power amplifiers, allow to achieve a sound, which usually belongs to much bigger high fidelity studio monitors.
Sophisticated electronic systems ensure that the shape and all characteristics of the signal from the monitor's signal input to the sound field of the sound engineer are faithfully transferred.
White glow at the rear of the monitor instead of point Logo light informs about the power being on.
AEON 2 plays loud and with no distortions - it's a precision tool for professionals!
All APS speakers are available in any color or natural wooden finish. In both cases it is possible to order either matt or polished versions. The speakers can be customized to any finish available on the market based on client's request. Please contact Performance Audio if you need more details or to discuss individual finish.
- Outmost fidelity, detail and dynamics
- Clear sound stage, ambience and presence
- Faithfully reproduced full frequency range with fast and precise bass
- Further developed electroacoustically with highest quality amplifiers
- Near Field Monitor
- Type: Active - two power amplifiers - AB class
- System: Two-way
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- Dimensions (LxWxH) : 13.8" x 8.6" x 14.5" / 35 cm x 22 cm x 37 cm
- Free Field Frequency Response: +/- 2 dB: 38 Hz - 33 kHz
- SPL in Free Field @ 1m: RMS: 104 dB (single - bass active)
Peak: 112 dB (pair - bass active)
- Weight: 34 lbs / 15.2 kg
- Bass/Mid-Range Loudspeaker: - 18 cm (7")
Diaphragm: cellulose, surround: rubber
- Tweeter Loudspeaker: - 1.9 cm (3/4") fabric dome (wide surround)
- Bass/Mid-Range Power Amplifier: 200 W RMS @ 4Ω
- Tweeter Power Amplifier: 100 W RMS @ 6Ω
- Total Harmonic Distortions: 0.005% -PO =5W,f=1kHz.1%max-PO =0.1 up to 50 W, f = 20 Hz up to 20 kHz
- Input Voltage Level for 96 dB SPL In Free Field @ 1m: 0 dBu (i.e. 0.775 V) - calibrated regulators in 0dB positions
- Calibrated Controls
- Input Sensitivity Switch: -10.5dB, -9dB, -7.5dB, -6dB, -4.5dB, -3dB, -1.5dB, 0dB
- Tweeter Level Switch: -1.5 dB, 0 dB, +1.5 dB
- Bass Control Switch: Active, Passive, Roll-off
- Woofer Equalizer Switch at 80Hz: 0.0 dB, -1.5 dB, 3.0 dB
- Inputs and Outputs
- Input: Two types (common socket Combo):
- XLR symmetrical (balanced)
- TRS symmetrical (balanced) "6.3 mm"
Input impedance 10 kW
- Loop Through Output: XLR symmetrical
Output impedance 100 W
- Power Amplifiers Protections: Thermal, short circuit and over-current limiters
- Prevention from Interferences and Hums: GROUND-LIFT Switch
- Signaling Devices
- Tweeter Loudspeaker Protection Switching On: Lit up logo - green LED
- Bass/Mid-Range Loudspeaker Protection Switching On: Lit up logo - red LED
Write Your Own Review