PA SKU # APH 320DCOMPELLOR MFR # 320D UPC # 693714032100
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Audio Processing
- Transparent Audio Level Control
- Balanced Analog I/O
- AES Digital I/O
- Dual Mono or Stereo Operation
The patented technologies within the 320D are totally unique. By going beyond conventional design ideas, the 320D provides audio processing with unprecedented sound transparency, yet is exceedingly effective at controlling levels. No other product can match the performance of the 320D. Algorithms like our "FDL," "DVG," and "DRC" have yet to find any rivals.
Stereo Audio Level Controller with Digital Inputs and Outputs
The 320D's Frequency Discriminate Leveler section, with the Dynamic Verification Gate and the Silence Gate, slowly adjusts the volume level of an audio stream with very complex algorithms that hide its work. It works differently at different frequencies and stops processing when the sound stops, then resumes instantly when the sound reappears, so there's no distracting increases in program background noise. When you listen, you know the levels are made more even, but you don't perceive the levels are shifting.
The 320D's Variable Slope Compressor, Dynamic Recovery Computer and Dynamic Verification Gate add adaptable compression to match the texture of changing audio sources. You don't hear pumping or other audio artifacts, just natural sound that is evenly consistent in loudness.
The 320D's limiter acts on peaks that shoot beyond average program levels so they are easy to handle by any analog or digital recording system.
The 320D can act as two independent mono processors or one linked stereo processor, which is selectable on the front panel. This is true with both analog and digital I/O.
When the analog input is used, the digital output contains the 320D's processing. When the digital input is used, the analog output contains the 320D's processing, properly leveled.
Aphex builds products that last and last without need for repairs or calibration. Some Compellors have literally been in 24-hour use in the same rack for a decade or longer! When you specify a Compellor, you know it will do its job flawlessly and give you peace of mind.
- Delivers transparent audio level control for broadcast, recording, and live sound
- Balanced analog input and output
- AES digital input and output
- Dual mono or stereo operation
- Frequency Respons: 10Hz - 38 kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- Hum and Noise (unweighted 22Hz-22kHz): -93 dBu
- Crosstalk (10 Hz - 22kHz): -79 dB
- THD (10 Hz - 22kHz at max. output): .0003%
- IMD (10 Hz - 22kHz at max. output): .0007%
- IF LEVEL SET TO +4 dBu: IF LEVEL SET TO -10dBv (-7.8dBu)
- Connector: XLR-3F and 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks: same
- Type: Transformerless, active balanced: same
- Balanced: 40k ohms: same
- Unbalanced: 20k ohms: same
- Maximum Level: +27 dBu: +12.5 dBV (+14.8 dBu)
- CMRR: >40 dB: same
- Connector: XLR-3M and 1/4" TRS Phone Jacks
- Type: Active balanced (may be used unbalanced)
- Balanced: 112 ohms
- Unbalanced: 56 ohms
- Maximum Level: +27dBu Unloaded; +25 into 600 ohms
- OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
- Power requirements: 90-250 VAC 50-60 Hz 12W
- Dimensions: 19"W x 1.75"H x 8.25" D 1 Rack U (482.6mm x 44.5mm x 209.6mm)
- Net Weight: 6 lbs (2.73 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs (4.1 kg)
- Broadcast pre-processing
- MP3 encoding and playback
- Installed and mobile sound
- DAW input
- Satellite uplinks
- Background music
- Ham radio
- Tape duplication
- Cable TV
Write Your Own Review
More from Aphex