PA SKU # ADL 670 MFR # ADL 670
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Balanced XLR I/O
- All Tube Design
- Based on Fairchild 670
- Remote Power Supply
- Rugged Chassis
- Front & Side Handles
- Made in the USA
There's no doubt that the original Fairchild 670 was and still is the "Big Daddy" of tube compressors. That's why people don't hesitate to pay over $30,000 for one if they can find it. Unfortunately, most of these units are getting very old and unreliable and don't sound as great as they once did. Well, what if you could buy a brand new one today...with a warranty...for substantially less!!! Can't be...well, guess again!!
Stereo Tube Limiter
Our premium channel strip boasts frequency response from 10 Hz all the way up to 45 kHz and offers all of the features you'd want in a high-end device. And the ADL 670 is a great value - as you expect from PreSonus!
Introducing the ADL 670, the perfect copy of the original Fairchild 670. After years of testing and research, Anthony DeMaria Labs has matched part for part the specs and sound of the original unit. Every detail has been scrutinized to perfection...no corners were cut. Yes...believe it or not, ADL has painstakingly sourced all the parts of this puzzle to offer a very limited run on these uncompromised, untouchable sonic giants!!! Many in the past have attempted to reproduce the sound of the classic Fairchild 670 but no one until now has taken it to the level ADL has with the ADL 670 compressor. With it's beautiful "military strength" chassis, stand alone PSU, 20 vacuum tubes and 14 transformers...it doesn't get fatter than this. Call ADL today to find out more. Somebody had to do it.
We also carry direct replacement parts based on original Fairchild 670 design. Please call ADL today for further details.
- All tube design (no IC's or chips)
- All parts are designed based on the original Fairchild 670
- All capacitors and resisters match values as per original
- XLR input / output
- Handbuilt in the USA
- Heavy-Duty Chassis
- Handles located on front and sides
- Great for analog & digital recording, tracking, mastering, as well as live
- One Year limited warranty
- Vents on front and sides for maximum air flow
- Two 24 volt fans (voltage set at 20 volts for silent operation)
- One Bottom PCB (Hinged Standoff)
- One Top PCB (Hinged Standoff)
- Two Back PCB's
- Power Supply Features
- Remote Power Supply
- One PCB
- Detachable AC Cable
- Front Power Switch
- Keep All Vents Clear of Obstructions
- R-313 - This pot sets B+ voltage, must be set at 240 volts
- Remote Power Umbilical Cable - 18-gage 600 volt multi pin five foot cable
- Rear Tube Fan - power to fan set at 20 volts for silent operation
- Front Blue Grill Lamp - indicates power to fan, if this lamp is off must check all three fans.
- 1-installed in power chassis and two in main unit.
- If unchecked may cause serious overheating
- Fuse - 5 amp S/B 5x20mm
- Tube compliment - (1) 6084, (1) 5651, (1) EL 34, (1) GZ 34
- +4 input / 600-ohm Load
- Unit Gain Clockwise: 15.1dB @ +4 Output
- Noise: -82.6 with 400-Hz Filter = 89.2
- THD: 0.028% @ 100-Hz : 0.189%
- IMD: 0.100%
- Frequency Response: 50Hz..20k (± 1db)
- Input / Output Impedance: 600-ohm
- Output Level: +4 or +8 VU (+27 dBm clipping point)
- Gain: 7 db (no limiting)
- Attack Time (adjustable):
0.2 milliseconds in Pos-1, 2 and 6
0.4 milliseconds in Pos-3 and 5
0.8 milliseconds in Pos-4
- Transformers: 14 total - same as original
- Tube Complement: 8- 63862- 12AX7A2- 12BH7A4- 6973
- Dimensions: 6-U high, 13-1/2"depth
- Weight: 45 lb.
Write Your Own Review
More from Anthony Demaria Labs