AKG Podcaster Essentials: AKG Lyra USB Microphone & AKG K371 Headphones
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Lyra Multipattern USB Condenser Mic
- K371 Over-Ear, Closed-Back Headphones
- Ableton Live 10 Lite DAW Software
- Berklee Online 4-Part Recording Course
Content Creator Bundle with USB Microphone and Headphones
Perfect for podcasters and YouTube content creators, the AKG Podcaster Essentials offers all the tools you need to produce polished sound for your projects. It includes the Lyra multipattern USB condenser mic, a pair of K371 headphones, a dual headphone adapter, Ableton Live 10 Lite DAW software, and a four-part recording course at Berklee Online.
Whether you're working on solo podcasts or recording shows with a guest, the Podcaster Essentials bundle ensures that you can get set up and rolling in no time. There's no need to bother with driver installation or a separate audio interface; the Lyra provides simple plug-and-play compatibility with Mac/Windows computers and iOS/Android mobile devices.
AKG Lyra Multipattern USB Condenser Microphone
Visually inspired by the studio classic C414 condenser mic, the AKG Lyra is a multipattern USB condenser microphone offering high-definition audio, powerful versatility, and superb simplicity while staying stylish for on-screen appearances. 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, a built-in shockmount, and internal diffusion yield pristine sonic quality for your recordings, whether you're creating online content, podcasting, vlogging, live streaming, or producing music.
The Lyra's proprietary Adaptive Capsule Array utilizes four condenser capsules to give you four user-friendly capture modes-front, front and back, tight stereo, and wide stereo-to handle scenarios such as voiceovers, two-person podcasts, side-by-side interviews, studio/live performances, and more. Just connect the Lyra to your Mac/Windows computer or iOS/Android mobile device, and plug in headphones to the 3.5mm port on the bottom of the Lyra; its plug-and-play setup means that there are no drivers to install or software settings to configure.
Easily optimize your signal via the Lyra's onboard controls, which give you intuitive access to the pattern selection, mic gain, headphone volume, and mute switch. Take advantage of the integrated desktop stand and its built-in cable management to place the Lyra on a table, or remove the desktop stand to mount the Lyra on a boom arm or standard mic stand.
Whether you're recording a podcast interview, a YouTube video voice-over, or your next Spotify single, Lyra's innovative AKG Adaptive Capsule Array adapts to your performance to record pristine audio. The Lyra can handle anything from traditional voice/instrument recording to vlogging, live streaming, field recording, and web conferencing.
Ultra-HD Audio Quality
The Lyra's advanced circuitry delivers acoustically transparent, 24-bit / 192 kHz audio resolution to meet the standards of 4K Ultra-HD projects. An internal self-adjusting shock mount mitigates vibrations from reaching the capsules, and the proprietary Internal Element Overload Prevention and built-in sound diffuser work together to automatically reduce noise, eliminate pops, and improve signal levels.
Adaptive Four-Capsule Array
The Lyra's proprietary Adaptive Capsule Array utilizes four condenser capsules to offer four user-friendly capture modes (polar patterns)-front, front and back, tight stereo, and wide stereo-to accommodate a variety of performances and applications. LED indicators display the capture mode at a glance.
- Front: Isolates the target source from distracting background noise by rejecting unwanted sounds at the microphone back and sides-ideal for spoken word, vocals, and close-miked instruments.
- Front and Back: Captures and blends together sound equally on all sides-ideal for face-to-face interviews and duets.
- Tight Stereo: Captures audio in true stereo, providing discrete left and right audio for great sound separation-ideal for recording side-by-side interviews, panel discussions, drums, or piano.
- Wide Stereo: Captures audio with greater stereo separation, room ambience, and depth-ideal for situations where you want to capture sounds all around the mic, such as documentaries, field recordings, or spontaneous jam sessions.
Plug-and-Play Universal Compatibility
Plug-and-play setup for Mac/Windows computers and iOS/Android devices ensures easy operation; no assembly and no messing with software settings. Simply connect the Lyra to your device with the supplied USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable, a separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit (for Lightning devices), or an optional OTG adapter cable to use it with popular audio and video production software, live streaming, and conferencing applications.
Headphone Monitoring with Zero Latency
When you're speaking, singing, or playing an instrument in the studio, you need to hear yourself and your backing tracks at the same time in order to perform your best. That's why Lyra is equipped with a "zero-latency" 3.5mm headphone jack to eliminate the short delay between when you perform into the microphone and when you hear yourself in the headphones, so you can stay focused on your performance.
Styled with Vintage Appeal
Inspired by classic studio microphones like the legendary AKG C414, Lyra's sleek design is sure to spark your creativity. Every function you need-capture modes, mic gain, headphone volume, and mute-is ergonomically positioned and easily accessed right on the mic so you can stay in the moment while always being in control. An integrated, removable, perma-tilt desktop stand with built-in cable management makes it easy to position the mic on your desktop. The Lyra can also be mounted to a traditional mic stand or microphone boom arm for more flexibility in the studio.
Powerful Bundled Software
The Lyra works seamlessly with all major audio and video production software and online platforms, and includes Ableton Live Lite recording software so you can create content right away.
AKG K371 Over-Ear Oval Closed-Back Studio Headphones
The K371 Over-Ear Oval Closed-Back Studio Headphones from AKG are designed to strike the perfect balance between studio-quality sound, plush comfort, and a sleek, sturdy design that stands up to your mobile lifestyle. They can be used by musicians, artists, engineers, podcasters, or beat makers to reproduce natural, balanced audio on-the-go or in mixing and editing applications.
The K371s are precision-engineered to match AKG's Reference Response acoustic target to reproduce natural, balanced audio in detail. The frequency response is 5 Hz to 40 kHz. The plush, ergonomic earcups cradle your ears in comfort and once you hear the sound, you won't ever want to take them off. In addition, the K371 include a carrying pouch and a set of 3 x detachable cables: a 9.8' coiled cable, a 3.9' straight cable, and a 9.8' straight cable; also included is a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter.
- Closed-back, oval over-ear design offers superior isolation, improved low-frequency response, and ergonomic fit
- Engineered to match AKG's reference response curve acoustic target for accurate and neutral sound
- 50mm transducers with pure OFC voice coils
- Updated sensitivity (114 dB SPL/V @ 1 kHz) and impedance (32 Ohms) for use with professional and consumer devices
- Best-in-class frequency response: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Calibrated headbands with slow-retention oval foam pads offer precise fit and superior comfort
- Fully foldable design for compact storage with 90 degree swivel earcups for single-ear monitoring
- Lightweight at 8.9 oz
- Robust-build quality with metal reinforcement for extra durability
- Mini-XLR connection
AKG Lyra USB Microphone Features:
- 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution audio pairs well with 4K video
- 4-capsule microphone array provides superior audio coverage and 4 polar patterns
- Easy-to-understand polar pattern labels make setup a breeze
- USB connection suits users of all skill levels
- 3.5mm headphone output enables real-time monitoring (20Hz-20kHz)
- Momentary mute switch deadens unwanted sounds such as sneezes
- '50s inspired body design and detachable base with vintage style
- Durable metal body resists to wear and tear
AKG K371 Closed-Back Headphones Features:
- Metal-reinforced construction improves durability
- 50mm dynamic drivers provide incredible audio fidelity
- Closed-back design improves bass response and noise isolation
- Foldable design makes safe storage a breeze
- Slow-retention foam makes extended wear sessions easy
- Adjustable headband holds its position easily
- Detachable Mini-XLR cables included: 3m coiled, 3m straight, 1.2m straight
- 5Hz-40kHz frequency response
- Form Factor: Stand/Boom-Mount
- Sound Field: Mono, Stereo
- Stereo/Surround Configuration: A/B (Adjustable Stereo Width)
- Capsule: 4 x Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional
- Pattern Selection: Switched (Adjustable on Mic)
- Orientation: Side Address
- Circuitry: Solid-State
- Pad: None
- High-Pass Filter: None
- Tone Adjustment: None
- Gain Adjustment: Yes
- Indicators: Single LED (Status)
- On-Board Controls: Gain, Headphone Volume, Polar Pattern, Mic Mute
- Windscreen: None
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB SPL (.5% THD)
- Output Connectors: 1 x USB Type-C
- Headphone Connector: 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm
- Cable Length: 6.6' / 2.01 m
- Wireless Connectivity: None
- Digital Audio
- A/D Conversion: 24-Bit
- Sample Rate: 192 kHz
- Digital Signal Processing: None
- Internal Memory: None
- Operating System Support: Android, Windows, iOS, macOS/OS X
- Available Port: USB 2.0
- Bus Power: USB
- Operating Voltage: 5 V
- Operating Current Consumption: 75 mA
- Color: Silver
- Mounting: 3/8"-16 Female, 5/8"-27 Female, Tabletop (with Included Hardware)
- Dimensions: ø: 6 x L: 97.44" / ø: 152.5 x L: 2475 mm
- Weight: 2.03 lb / 0.92 kg (with Mount)
- AKG K371 Over-Ear Oval Closed-Back Studio Headphones Specs
- Earpiece Design: Over-Ear (Circumaural), Closed-Back
- Earpiece Connection / Wearing Style: Wired
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Driver Size: 1.97" / 50 mm
- Impedance: 32 Ohms (Passive)
- Active Noise Cancellation: No
- Foldable: Yes
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Sensitivity: 114 dB
- Wired Connectivity
- Audio Connector to Source: 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS
- Adapter (Included): 1/4" TRS
- Cable Design: Single-Sided
- Audio Connector to Earpiece: 1 x Mini XLR 3-Pin
- Cable Length:
9.8' / 2.99 m
3.9' / 1.19 m
9.8' / 2.99 m Straight Cable
- Cable Color: Black
- Cable Conductor Material: Oxygen-Free Copper
- Material of Construction: ABS
- Weight: 8.9 oz / 252.3 g