This product has been discontinued.
We have discontinued this product permanently. Please browse our website by clicking the brand logo below. You can also search or browse our website by category above. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for more information.
AKG D 880 M
PA SKU # 6929 MFR # D 880 M
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Handheld Supercardioid Dynamic Microphone
Handheld Supercardioid Dynamic MicrophoneThe AKG Model D 880M is a rugged dynamic supercardioid microphone intended for on-stage vocal pickup. Its supercardioid pattern is uniform with frequency, and its response has been boosted at mid and high frequencies for enhanced on-stage vocal applications.
The microphone has a heavy duty, dent-resistant spring steel windscreen with an integral pop filter for effective suppression of breath noise. The inner pop filter can be removed for cleaning or for replacement. The microphone incorporates important AKG developments: VariMotion System in which the diaphragm thickness varies from 20 microns at the edge to 40 microns at the center. This distribution of mass produces extended bass response, virtually eliminating the need for a tuning resonator. The Doubleflex mounting system used with the capsule assembly places the primary resonance of the moving system well below the audible range, resulting in excellent isolation of handling and cable induced noises.
The D 880M features a modular output system, which allows the microphone to be used with a standard non-switched or with a silent on-off switch with 3-pin XLR-type output or with the TM 40 module to create a wireless microphone compatible with the AKG WMS 40 series receivers.
The D 880M's light-weight body is die cast zinc alloy and has a black matte soft-touch paint finish for minimum reflection and glare. In addition, the XLR plug-in module is easily removable and may be replaced by the optional, TM 40 module for conversion to wireless use. The D 880MS provides the added feature of an on/off switch.
- Response-tailored for on-stage vocal performance
- Frequency-independent supercardioid pattern for added immunity to feedback
- Very low handling noise through use of AKG's Doubleflex antivibration shock isolation system
- High sensitivity (2.5 mV/Pa) resulting from use of high-energy neodymium-iron-boron magnet
- Interchangeable "M" connector module for switched (D 880MS) or wireless operation
- Light-weight die cast metal body with dark matte finish
- Spring-steel dent resistant windscreen
- Transducer type: Dynamic pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 60 - 20 kHz (20 - 20 kHz @ 1 cm)
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: <600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >2000 ohms
- Output connector: XLR-M
- Sensitivity: 2.2 mV/Pa: -53 dB (re 1 V/Pa)
- Sound pressure level for 1% (3%) THD: 147 dB SPL (156 dB SPL)
- Size: Maximum diameter: 2 in. (50 mm); 7.13 in. length (181 mm)
- Net weight: 10.4 oz. (295 g)
- Shipping weight: 1.4 lbs. (650 g)
- Accessories included:SA 61 Stand adaptermic bag
- Optional accessories:SA 26, ST 305 Table standW 23 Foam windscreenTM 40 UHF transmitter module,AKG WMS 40 Series wireless receivers
Write Your Own Review
More from AKG