This product has been discontinued.
We have discontinued this product permanently. Please browse our website by clicking the brand logo below. You can also search or browse our website by category above. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us for more information.
AKG D 5
PA SKU # 11140 MFR # 3138Z00070
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Supercardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
Supercardioid Dynamic Vocal MicrophoneThe D 5 dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback (for more details, visit www.feedbackisdead.com). The D 5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
AKG made the first microphone diaphragm ever whose thickness varies across its diameter. The new Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
- D 5: for standard applications.
- D 5 S: with on/off switch.
- D 5 WL 1: D 5 microphone element with threaded connection for use with AKG wireless systems.
- Extremely rugged vocal/speech microphone
- Available with or without on/off switch
- Patented AKG Laminated Varimotion diaphragm
- Spring steel wire-mesh grill
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency range: 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 147/156 dB SPL (for 1% / 3% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A
- Impedance: <= 600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: length: 185.2 mm (7.3 in.); diameter: 51 mm (2 in.)
- Net weight: 340 g (12 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 655 g (1.45 lbs.)
- Patent(s): Varimotion - multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637 (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL), JP 3.927.651)
Write Your Own Review
More from AKG