Out of stock
AKG CGN 521 E
PA SKU # 6980 MFR # 2965Z00030
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- 20" (50cm) Cardioid Gooseneck Microphone with Mounting Flange
20" (50cm) Cardioid Gooseneck Microphone with Mounting FlangeWith its new Discreet Acoustics Compact Series (DAC), AKG offers a cost efficient alternative for installations where a lean budget has top priority. This is why the DAC Series goosenecks come with only one flexible section, a rigid connection between gooseneck and capsule, and a 3-pin standard XLR connector for joining the gooseneck to the cable.
The Discreet Acoustics Compact Series offers a user-friendly system that fulfils its basic functions just perfectly. While an excellent price-performance ratio was achieved by focusing on essential features, no compromise was made with regard to the sound of the capsules.
Each of these capsules provides the outstanding, "legendary" AKG sound that enjoys worldwide popularity and accounts for the company's success. Acoustic excellence made in Austria by AKG!
You can choose between goosenecks 30 or 50 cm (12 or 20 in.) long, with either a cardioid or hypercardioid polar pattern, and a cardioid hanging module. For the tough requirements of everyday usage, the DAC Series features rugged all-metal parts and is designed as a true plug-and-play solution. Quick setup and takedown as well as permanent installations all are possible.
The new Discreet Acoustics Compact Series is the unique alternative for applications where budget, not modularity, is a major consideration. Moreover, the Compact Series can be combined with the Modular Series, so that modules with additional features can be used as well wherever they are actually needed.
The cardioid polar pattern is the most popular because its uses are almost limitless. The 125 pickup angle is especially suited for inexperienced or very "vivacious" talkers who often fail to talk directly into the microphone.
The choice of two different lengths and the flexible joint ensure optimum alignment of the gooseneck to any talker position. Numerous options for installation are available, such as mounting on a stand or tabletop, while optional accessories include a lockable mounting fixture.
- Cardioid polar pattern
- 30 or 50 cm (12 or 20 in.) long
- 125 pickup angle
- Especially suited for inexperienced talkers
- Connects easily via XLR connector
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Pickup angle: 125
- Frequency range: 70 to 18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/PA = -35 dBV re 1 V/Pa
- Max. SPL: 125 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: <21 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): >73 dB
- Impedance: <=600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=2,000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596 (DPA adapter integrated)
- Current consumption: <3 mA
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Finish: matte dark grey
- Dimensions: CGN 321: 13.5 dia. x 380 length mm (0.5 dia. x 15 length in.), CGN 521: 13.5 dia. x 580 length mm (0.5 dia. x 23 length in.)
- Net weight: CGN 321: 160 g (5.7 oz.), CGN 521: 170 g (6 oz.)
- Shipping weight: CGN 321: 480 g (17 oz.), CGN 521: 500 g (17.7 oz.)
Write Your Own Review
More from AKG
AKG H85 Universal Shock Mount$120.00