This product has been discontinued.
We have discontinued this product permanently. Please find alternative products from below section.
AKG C 400 BL
PA SKU # 6984 MFR # 2746Z00020
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Extremely Small Hypercardioid Boundary Layer Condenser Microphone
Extremely Small Hypercardioid Boundary Layer Condenser MicrophoneThe AKG Model C 400 BL is a unidirectional boundary layer microphone intended for table top use. The microphone's frequency range has been tailored for speech applications through a gentle bass roll-off below 200 Hz and a slight high frequency peak centered at 6 kHz, with a gentle roll-off above that frequency.
The combination of both narrow pickup angle and frequency response limited to the voice range makes the microphone doubly insensitive to ambient noise, a design known as DNC (Dual Noise Canceling).
The microphone has a high sensitivity of 13.5 mV/Pa and is available with either a 3-pin XLR connector or a B-lock jack for the Model C 400 BL/1. The microphone is universally phantom powered over the range from 9 to 52 volts dc. Cable length is 5 feet (1.5 meters).
The microphone's matte black finish can be painted to match surrounding decor.
- Small & inconspicuous
- Speech optimized
- Unidirectional pickup
- Transducer Principle: Condenser prepolarized
- Frequency Range: 40-14,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity at 1,000 Hz: 13.5 mV/Pa (-37 dBV)
- Equivalent Noise Level: < 32 dB-A
- Sound Pressure Level for 1% THD: 115 dB
- S/N Ratio (A-weighted) :> 62 dB
- Electr. Impedance: < 200 ohms
- Load Impedance: > 2,000 ohms
- Power Requirement: 1.5 to 15 volts
- Connector: 3-Pin XLR-type (B-Lock Jack for C 400 BL-1)
- Cable Length: 5 ft. (1.5 m)
- Finish: Non-reflective black
- Size: 1.7 x 0.9 x 0.5 in. (43 x 23 x 13 mm)
- Net Weight: 0.2 oz. (5.5 g)
- Included Accessories: Clip-on mounting plate, Phantom power adapter (for C 400 BL)
- Optional Accessories: B 18 Battery power supply
Write Your Own Review
More from AKG