Whirlwind ME-16-8-XL Medusa Elite Box to Fan Snake (50')
PA SKU # WW ME168XL050 MFR # ME-16-8-XL-050 UPC # 692465023764
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 16 XLR Inputs
- 8 XLR Returns
- 50' Length
- W28PR Wire
- Pig Bag
The Medusa Elite offers the same features as Whirlwind's Medusa Standard series with the addition of SnakeSkin on the fanouts for ultimate fanout protection, Metal chasis mount XLR connectors, and a Pig Bag to protect the fanouts during storage or when not in use. Pictured are just a few examples of the many configurations available.
Medusa Elite Stagebox to Fanout Snake - 16 XLR Sends, 8 x XLR Returns, 50 ft.
Available with our traditional "Whirlwind Blue" multipair cable or Black upon request.
Whirlwind's Medusa Elite Snakes are an evolution of Whirlwind's world famous Standard series. They're still made at Whirlwind's Rochester, NY factory.
Standard fanout lengths are:
3 ft. - up to 28 channels
4 ft. - 28 channels and up
All Medusas are available with integrated cable reel. Call for ordering information.
The chart below reflects our standard combinations or download our Snake Configuration Worksheet PDF which will walk you through the different features available.
ME - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Match number to chart (eg: ME-24-4-XL-100-SS)
(1) Number of Inputs
6 - 6 inputs
8 - 8 inputs
9 - 9 inputs
12 - 12 inputs
16 - 16 inputs
20 - 20 inputs
24 - 24 inputs
32 - 32 inputs
48 - 48 inputs
56 - 56 inputs
(2) Number of Returns
0 - no returns
3 - 3 returns (with 6 inputs)
4 - 4 returns (with 8, 12, 16, or 24 inputs)
8 - 8 returns (with 24, or 48 inputs)
10 - 10 returns (with 32 inputs)
(3) Type of Return Connectors
XL - XLR
SB - 1/4" TRS
NR - no returns
(4) Length in Feet (M)
050 - 50' (15.25)
100 - 100' (30.5)
150 - 150' (45.8)
Hardwired Split Options (Add To Above Catalog Number):
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Match number to chart
(1) Type of Split
SP1 - parallel split
SP2 - transformer isolated split
(2) Number of Channels Split
0-56 - number of channels split
(3) Ground Lift Options
G1 - ground lift on split out
NG - no ground lifts
(4) Split Cable Length
XXX - length of split in feet
- Heavy duty powder coated steel stagebox with Metal Whirlwind connectors and integrated handle.
- Whirlwind by Belden NEC CM rated multipair cable, heavy duty, flexible, multipair cable. Each pair contains two twisted 24GA 7x32 polyethylene insulated conductors with 100% foil shield and 24GA drain wire.
- Fanouts with multiple layers of rugged heat shrink at the most critical points.
- Fanouts feature Whirlwind connectors with engraved numbers and letters.
- Genuine Kellems wire mesh hanger to support the fanout at the board.
- Genuine Kellems strain relief and grip with internal cable clamp.
- SnakeSkin on the fanouts for ultimate fanout protection
- Pig Bag to protect the fanouts when not in use.
Write Your Own Review