RME ADI-192 DD Format & Sample Rate Converter
PA SKU # RME ADI192DD MFR # ADI192DD UPC # 874792004207
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- ADAT, TDIF and AES
- 8-Channel Sample Rate Conversion
- Up to 192 kHz Sample Rate
- 48 Status LEDs
- Double & Quad Wire Support
- Word Clock I/O
- Easy to Use
24 Bit / 192 kHz, 8-Channel Universal Format & Sample Rate Converter, 19", 1RUThe ADI-192 DD is the successor to the highly successful ADI-8 DD. The completely re-engineered device was designed to be the most powerful format and sample rate converter ever. Hence the ADI-192 DD not only features considerable improvements compared to the ADI-8 DD, but also adds a number of new and unique features.
The unit consists of three 8-Channel format converters with 24-bit audio resolution. The three output formats ADAT, TDIF and AES independently access the three input formats ADAT, TDIF and AES schematic view. Thanks to free selection of inputs, signals can be copied and distributed between all connected devices - without the need to change any cables. Due to the unlimited input selection, the unit not only transfers data to the same output format.
For example it can be operated as quad AES/EBU sample rate converter.
Four XLR AES/EBU inputs and outputs each, and two ADAT and TDIF inputs and outputs allow full 8-Channel operation even at 96 kHz / 24-bit. At 192 kHz, there are eight AES channels and four ADAT and TDIF channels. Switchable 24/192kHz sample rate converters allow 8-Channel sample rate conversion and clock decoupling of the highest quality.
48 LEDs clearly display the current status of the incoming and outgoing signals and the processing performed within the unit. The SyncCheck technology known from other RME devices indicates whether the input signal is locked and whether all inputs are sychronized. The AES output signal can be given a consumer or professional status. The first AES output (channels 1/2) is also available as optical TOSLINK.
Professionals will love the fact that the ADI-192 DD supports Double Wire, Quad Wire, S/MUX and S/MUX4, making it compatible to all methods of increasing sample rates by sample multiplexing on all platforms. The unit can also convert between these formats, even along with SRC. If more than 8 channels are required, several units can be cascaded and synchronized sample-accurately by word clock.
The ADI-192 DD also features an automatic distribution mode. If only one of the four AES inputs is used, the device will copy these two channels to the other three AES outputs.
RMEs SteadyClock(TM) guarantees excellent clock quality in every situation. Due to the highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently be used as reference clock at the word clock output. Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal. All settings are retained when the device is switched off.
Conclusion: The ADI-192 DD is the all-in-one solution for every application of format and sample rate conversion, from 2 to 8 channels. Its flexibility is unsurpassed and the price/performance ratio is simply sensational.
- Supports 192 kHz with ADAT, TDIF and AES
- 8-Channel sample rate conversion up to 192 kHz
- Sample Rate Conversion can be selected for AES, TDIF or ADAT
- 8-Channel Sample Rate Conversion without phase errors (sub-sample synchronous)
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock regeneration
- Complete triple format converter AES/TDIF/ADAT with added SPDIF TOSLINK I/O
- Direct support for Double and Quad Wire, S/MUX and S/MUX4
- Also when using SRC
- Special TDIF word clock output
- Simplified and easy-to-use user interface
- Input AES/EBU: 4 x XLR, transformer balanced, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3 Vpp), SPDIF compatible, max. 192 kHz Single Wire
- Output AES/EBU: 4 x XLR, transformer balanced, 4.5 Vpp, max. 192 kHz Single Wire
- Input ADAT optical: 2 x TOSLINK, 24-bit, Bitclock PLL
- Output ADAT optical: 2 x TOSLINK, 24-bit
- Input/Output TDIF: 2 x D-sub 25 pin, 24-bit
- Input/Output SPDIF front: 2 x TOSLINK, 24-bit, max. 192 kHz
- Input Word Clock: Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
- Output Word Clock: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- Sync sources: Internal, ADAT optical in, AES/EBU in, TDIF in, word clock in
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample frequencies: 444.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: AES, word clock: 28 kHz-204 kHz, ADAT/TDIF 30 kHz - 54 kHz
- Jitter: Internal clock < 1 ns, external clocks < 1 ns
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- SRC dynamic ratio: 140 dB RMS unweighted, 143 dBA
- SRC THD+N: < -140 dB
- Sample rate ratio: max. 7: 1 / 1: 7
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V - 240V AC, 20 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 44 x 200 mm
- Warranty: 2 years
- AES/EBU frontend for RME's digital I/O-cards (with ADAT optical I/O)
- TDIF frontend for RME's digital I/O-cards (with ADAT optical I/O)
- AES and ADAT frontend for DTRS machines
- 8-Channel AES, TDIF and ADAT input and output for digital mixers with ADAT/TDIF port
- Operation of four SPDIF or AES devices with different sample rates in any digital audio network
- Converts Double and Quad Wire to Single Wire and vice versa, even with simultaneous sample rate conversion
Write Your Own Review