Seamless integration was the idea, and it was obtained by creating a studio dynamic microphone with unparalleled A/D converters, so that the microphone can be plugged into any computer with no in/out boxes, no expensive computer pre-amps, just a USB cable.
The Podcaster offers an end-address configuration, the clarity of RODE's tailored-for-voice frequency response, an 'ON' L.E.D, a direct headphone amp, and of course very low self noise.
The Podcaster opens up possibilities for anyone who records audio - from podcasters, journalists and students to business people adding audio files to websites and multimedia presentations.
- Broadcast Sound Quality
- 28mm dynamic capsule
- 18-bit resolution, 8-48kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Powered by USB bus
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output with volume control built-in to body
- Power: Power supplied by USB port
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 14 kHz
- Signal noise ratio: >78 dB
- Sensitivity: -51 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (2.8 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 3 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 610gm
- Dimensions: 215mmH x 56mmW x 52mmD
- Included Accessories:
- 3m (10') USB cable and stand mount
- Optional Accessories:
- PSM1 shock mount and PSA1 studio arm