The Control 24C
Micro and Control 24CT
Micro are compact in-ceiling speakers, providing full, high quality sound
for background music and music-plus-paging systems. These speakers are ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and specialty retail stores to professional offices and airports. Low distortion
and a smooth, natural frequency response
make the Control 24C/CT Micro ideal for medium volume
business music systems as well as for the medium to low SPL
segments of larger or louder systems. Low frequency
output can be augmented with the addition of one of the Control Contractor subwoofer
models. Similar mid/high frequency
voicing to other JBL Control Contractor loudspeakers can, in many systems, allow for mixing
and matching of models within zones without requiring separate equalization
Installation of the Control 24C/CT Micro is quick and easy. The loudspeaker
is packaged with the backcan, grille, support backing bracket and tile rails. In addition, optional new construction brackets are available. The entire installation can be accomplished without requiring access above the ceiling. A template is provided for marking the cutout. An innovative C-shaped support backing plate can be installed from below through the cutout to reinforce the top of the ceiling material. Tile bridge rails are included which can be screwed onto the C-plate to extend support to the T-channel
grid in suspended ceiling installations. After the speaker
is fitted through the cutout, it is held securely in place via mounting tabs which tighten onto the C-plate, if used, or directly onto the ceiling material.
The Control 24C/CT Micro backcan is made of formed steel and the speaker
is suitable for use in air handling spaces per UL2043. An attachment loop is provided on the backcan for cabling. A seismic tab is provided as a secondary support.
The Control 24C/CT Micro trim
are paintable to match any decor.Features:
- Extremely wide 150 coverage.
- Smooth frequency response.
- Components:4-1/2 inch (115 mm) woofer, injection molded graphite cone with butyl rubber surround.1/2 inch (12 mm) polycarbonate tweeter for extended response.
- Control 24C Micro is 8 ohms and handles 15W.
- Control 24CT Micro includes 8W multitap transformer for 70V/100V systems.
- Shallow 4-inch (100 mm) depth.
- Packaged with grille, backcan and tile rails for fast installation.
- Frequency Range: 85 Hz - 25 kHz
- Power Capacity:30 Watts Continuous Program Power (C24C Micro)15 Watts Continuous Pink Noise (C24C Micro)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 86 dB SPL @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL:Control 24C Micro: 98 dB @ 1 m (3.3 ft)Control 24CT Micro: 94 dB @ 1 m (3.3 ft), 8W tap
- Transformer Taps (24CT Micro):70V: 8W, 4W, 2W, 1W & 0.5 W taps100V: 8W, 4W, 2W, 1W taps
- Low Frequency: 115 mm (4.5 in) IMG (injection molded graphite), 24 mm (1 in) voicecoil
- High-Frequency: 12 mm (0.5 in) polycarbonate
- Backcan: Formed steel
- Baffle/Rim: Medium impact polystyrene, fire rated UL94V-O
- Secondary Attachment Point: Included
- Termination: Screw-down terminals, touch-proof, UL, CE and VDE rated, outside of backcan
- Safety Agency Rating: In accordance with IEC60849 / EN60849. Suitable for use in air handling spaces, per U.L.-2043, U.L.-1480, NFPA90, NFPA70A.
- Outside Dimensions (H x Dia): 106 x 195 mm (4.2 x 7.7 in), 105 mm (4.1 in) front of ceiling tile to back of the backcan
- Cutout Size: 167 mm (6.6 in)
- Net Weight (ea): C: 1.6 kg (3.6 lb) CT: 2.0 kg (4.4 lb)
- Shipping Weight (pr): C: 3.6 kg (7.9 lb) CT: 4.4 kg (9.7 lb)
- Included Accessories:C-shaped support backing plate2 tile support rails (fits both 2 ft and 600 mm tiles)Cutout template, cardboard
- Optional Accessories:MTC-24TR trim ring for retrofit installationsMTC-24NC optional new construction bracket, flatMTC-24MR optional mud ring construction bracket