||The Platinum Compounder is a high performance dynamics processor designed for the quality conscious professional and project studio owner. This highly featured unit is an essential tool for any style of music. The combination of high quality compression with the powerful Bass Expander makes this unit a must have for any dance music engineer or musician.
- Quiet operation - unique opto circuit means no pops or clicks.
- Class A Low distortion - far exceeds VCA based designs
- Release/Hold - essential for accurate gate control
- Range - varies gate attenuation between -15dB and -70dB.
- Expander switch - for noise reduction on difficult audio tracks such as vocals.
- Make it sound clean or fat or even make it pump!
- Class A amplifier - superb sound, low distortion.
- Soft and Hard Knee - choice of compression
- Wide Ratio control - from gentle to beyond infinity to get that classic, pumping sound.
- Bass Expander - Make Kick drums and Bass riffs more powerful and effective. The expander circuit generates extra Bass harmonics to fatten up any low frequency signal.
- Huge - Get even more Bass. Be afraid, be very afraid!
- Unique inductor powered bass expander - boost kick drums & bass riffs!
- Huge: Get even more bass - if you write, perform or produce dance music, this button alone makes the Compounder a must have unit.
- A matched pair of high quality Opto's to give improved performance over VCA Limiter designs which tend to add high levels of distortion even when they are not Limiting. Use to control levels when recording to an A/D and prevent overload.
- Class A Low distortion design, mainly 2nd order distortion occurs during limiting which is virtually undetectable by the human ear.
- Accurate Threshold Control means Limiting only occurs exactly where you set it and therefore only as and when required. The fine sensitivity of the scale means very accurate and specific levels can be set.
- Mono/Stereo Independent Stereo linking is provided for both Limiter and Compressor sections.
- When switched to stereo the left channel becomes the master section and controls both left and right compressor and limiter sections simultaneously, allowing perfect stereo effects to be made from one set of controls. This is the most accurate form of stereo control as both channels, including makeup level controls and bass expander settings, are perfectly matched.
- The unique sound of Focusrite compression is considered by many of the top industry professionals as the key to achieving a clean and controlled mix with all the punch and clarity that makes the difference between success and failure.
- A Focusrite only sounds like a Focusrite because all audio processing sections of the unit are unique Focusrite Class A circuit designs, we do not employ any standard off the shelf VCA components. Each stage of the Compounder is optimised in design and component performance to get that legendary Focusrite smooth and pleasantly warm audio performance.
- Recording ChainUse with a high quality Pre Amp and EQ to create a high quality record path with compression for dynamic control and a Limiter to protect the A/ D of the record device. Mixing Insert into the console channel path to control individual or stereo tracks to give real presence and punch to vocals and instruments.
- MasteringPlace across the console two track bus or use on a finished mix or DAT tape to beef up the sound. Use the Bass expander to get serious hard punching results for dance and techno tracks.