The Studio Projects T3 vacuum tube mic
is based on classic 1950's era designs, combined with present day
technological refinements. It is a versatile microphone
with abundant applications in the studio from pianos and strings to guitar cabinets and saxophones. Also a serious vocal mic
, the T3 will please even the most discerning ears.
The T3 is a variable pattern vacuum tube
(valve) condenser microphone
. It features our 1.35" (34.5mm.) precision dual membrane capsule
coupled through a minimalist tube circuit designed around the 12AY7 (6072) triode and a balanced
transformer output. Pattern control is variable between omni directional
, wide cardioid
and figure of eight
via a nine-position switch located on the front of the remote power supply (SPT3). This allows the T3 to be used in all manner of recording situations whether as a room mic
, a single point mic
for bluegrass or as a spot mic
from the side and rear is needed. The circuit design of the T3 uses as few components as necessary to prevent added noise
. A hand selected 6072 "dual triode" vacuum tube
is used for its low noise
, sonic characteristic and reliability. The T3 provides warm transparent sound
associated with large capsule
tube microphones and it is the absolute stand-alone value in its price class.
As a result of uncompromising dedication and advanced production capabilities, Studio Projects will continue to broaden the range of quality pro audio
microphones & electronics for today's recording environment.
- A superb vocal microphone with warm natural transparent character
- Great for overhead choirs, strings, pianos & percussion
- Useful in production, broadcast, and voice over work
- Perfect for both the professional and home project studio
- Pressure-Gradient Transducer, Dual 1.35" (34.5mm) capsule
- Selectable patterns (omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid and figure of eight)
- Low noise vacuum tube circuitry
- Transformer balanced Output
- Foam windscreen
- Elastic suspension
- 7pin interface cable
- Variable pattern control power supply
- Aluminum carrying case
- Type: Dual diaphragm large capsule vacuum tube condenser.
- Polar pattern: Omni directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure 8
- Frequency response: 30~20000Hz.
- Sensitivity: 14mV/Pa=-37dB(0dB=1V/Pa).
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm.
- Load impedance: >1000 Ohm.
- Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL for 1% THD @1000Hz(0dB SPL=0.00002Pa).
- Noise: (Line)---28dB (A weighted)---18dB-A.
- S/N: 80 dB.
- Power requirement: Supplied Power Supply (SPT3) 110/220
- Current: 200V DC high voltage, <1.5mA - Filament 6.3V DC, <370mA.
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Size: dia: 2.1" length: 8.9"
- Weight: 26.9oz