Studio Projects T3
The Studio Projects T3 vacuum tube mic is based on classic 1950's era designs, combined with present day technological refinements. It is a versatile microphone with abundant applications in the studio from pianos and strings to guitar cabinets and saxophones. Also a serious vocal mic, the T3 will please even the most discerning ears.
The T3 is a variable pattern vacuum tube (valve) condenser microphone. It features our 1.35" (34.5mm.) precision dual membrane capsule coupled through a minimalist tube circuit designed around the 12AY7 (6072) triode and a balanced transformer output. Pattern control is variable between omni directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, hypercardioid and figure of eight via a nine-position switch located on the front of the remote power supply (SPT3). This allows the T3 to be used in all manner of recording situations whether as a room mic, a single point mic for bluegrass or as a spot mic when attenuation from the side and rear is needed. The circuit design of the T3 uses as few components as necessary to prevent added noise and coloration. A hand selected 6072 "dual triode" vacuum tube is used for its low noise, sonic characteristic and reliability. The T3 provides warm transparent sound associated with large capsule tube microphones and it is the absolute stand-alone value in its price class.
As a result of uncompromising dedication and advanced production capabilities, Studio Projects will continue to broaden the range of quality pro audio microphones & electronics for today's recording environment.Applications:
- A superb vocal microphone with warm natural transparent character
- Great for overhead choirs, strings, pianos & percussion
- Useful in production, broadcast, and voice over work
- Perfect for both the professional and home project studio
- Pressure-Gradient Transducer, Dual 1.35" (34.5mm) capsule
- Selectable patterns (omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid and figure of eight)
- Low noise vacuum tube circuitry
- Transformer balanced Output
- Foam windscreen
- Elastic suspension
- 7pin interface cable
- Variable pattern control power supply
- Aluminum carrying case
- Type: Dual diaphragm large capsule vacuum tube condenser.
- Polar pattern: Omni directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure 8
- Frequency response: 30~20000Hz.
- Sensitivity: 14mV/Pa=-37dB(0dB=1V/Pa).
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm.
- Load impedance: >1000 Ohm.
- Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL for 1% THD @1000Hz(0dB SPL=0.00002Pa).
- Noise: (Line)---28dB (A weighted)---18dB-A.
- S/N: 80 dB.
- Power requirement: Supplied Power Supply (SPT3) 110/220
- Current: 200V DC high voltage, <1.5mA - Filament 6.3V DC, <370mA.
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Size: dia: 2.1" length: 8.9"
- Weight: 26.9oz