||The 512 headset microphone consists of the popular SM10A microphone element mounted on a lightweight headband with a single earphone. The Model 512 mic combines an efficient "open-air" headphone with a close-talking dynamic microphone. The unit is unobtrusive, durable, comfortable, and provides a wide frequency range.
The 512 microphone was designed for sports and news announcing, intercommunications systems, and special events remote broadcasting. It offers convenient hands-free operation, and a lightweight frame to reduce user fatigue. The unidirectional pickup pattern reduces unwanted background noise, permitting its use in noisy environments. The microphone characteristics are tightly controlled resulting in consistent response and output, and the headphone response is tailored to enhance voice intelligibility.
The headband easily adjusts to fit a variety of head sizes and hairstyles, and the microphone boom can be adjusted to accurately place the microphone cartridge at the corner of the user's mouth. The microphone is supplied with a foam windscreen to reduce explosive "popping" sounds, and a cable clip to secure the cable to clothing.
- Ideal for voice recognition or communication in production environments
- Cardioid dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Type: Dynamic, close-talking
- Frequency Response (at 8 mm 5/16 in.): 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional) response - uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Impedance: Microphone rating impedance is 150 Ohms (200 Ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 Ohms.
- Output Level (closed-talked at 1,000 Hz): Open-circuit voltage: -47.0 dB (4.5 mV): 0 dB=1 volt per 100 microbarsPower Level: -66.0 dB: 0 dB=1 milliwatt per 10 microbars
- Hum Sensitivity (typical): 38.4 dB equivalent SPL in 1 millioersted field
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on red lead and pin 2 of connector.
- Type: Dynamic, open-air, left side only
- Frequency Response: 100 to 10,000 Hz, tailored for voice intelligibility (see Figure 3).
- Impedance: 300 Ohms at 1,000 Hz
- Polarity: Positive voltage on cable conductor produces positive pressure.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): 94 dB SPL at ear with 1 mW input
- Cable: 2.1 m (7 ft.) attached cables: one 2-conductor shielded with black 3-pin XLR connector (microphone) and one single-conductor shielded with 2-circuit phone plug (headphones).
- Headset: Stainless steel and thermoplastic with foam earpads.
- Dimensions: See User Guide
- Net Weight: 186 grams (6.5 oz.) including connectors
| Part Number
| Product Category
|| Headworn Microphones & Headsets
| Unit of Measure
|| 1.13 lbs.