The Empath mixer
combines the vision of Grandmaster Flash and Rane technology. Compact size, exceptional performance and advanced features set the Empath mixer
apart. The Empath is the most able 3-channel
, 10" format mixer
available. The name implies: understanding, awareness and sensitivity
to the needs of DJs. The top plate is durable Lexan, available in 4 versions:
- EMPATH Blue - Original Electric Blue
- EMPATH Black - Dark Grey on Black (like the TTM 56)
- EMPATH GMF Gold - Grandmaster Flash Gold Signature Edition
- EMPATH Rotary - New Rotary Empath
All four versions have the same operating features. The Signature Edition comes with a rugged road case, including room underneath the mixer
for cables and headphones
. The case is also available separately from your dealer or the Rane Store. The Empath mixer
meets the requirements of all DJ genres: trance, downtempo, techno, breakbeat, hip-hop, scratch, house
, drum & bass
, live music, freestyle, reggae, hardcore, chill... and more
Features Important to DJs
- Universal internal power supply. When traveling, finding power supply adapters is difficult. The Empath accepts 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz power, for use anywhere in the world without adapters.
- Auto-Gain prevents performance-wrecking swings in program level when changing sources. The music is never too soft or clipped.
- FlexFX is a post-fader external stereo effects loop with individual Dry/Wet pan controls for Mic and Input Channels 1, 2 and 3.
- Penny & Giles faders are simply the best money can buy. Smooth, accurate and reliable mixing is made possible by employing the most respected name in audio faders.
- Two kinds of fader caps are provided for different mixing preferences: soft rubber caps for smooth mixing, and hard plastic caps for fast mixing.
- Flash-Cue allows the DJ to rapidly select Crossfader A-Cue-sum or Crossfader B-Cue-sum with the flick of a switch, normally slow or complicated on other mixers.
- Multiple Outputs. Nothing is more frustrating than arriving at a club and finding their jacks don't match. Systems may have XLR, TRS or RCA connectors. The Empath provides all three.
- Low and High headphone tone controls allow the DJ to match their mixer to their headphones.
- Both 3.5mm and 1/4" headphone jacks are simultaneously usable. More headphones are compatible with the Empath.
- Two assignable CD triggers work with any CD player with fader start ability.
- Accelerated-Slope, full-cut, 3-band tone controls are the most flexible and highest quality available.
- Crossfader assign switches allow any Input Channel to be mixed on the A-side, B-side or Post Crossfader.
- Level meters view Stereo Cue, Stereo Master Mix, Split Cue or Main Output signals.
All of these features are wrapped in the smallest, most portable chassis of any three-channel mixer
. Excellent control ergonomics allow this small package to feel as open and comfortable as much larger units.