Rane is pleased to introduce HAL, an expert in room combining, paging and distributed audio systems. This groundbreaking architecture is dimensions beyond any other solution.
HAL easily guides even novice users through what used to be complex tasks in just minutes. No intricate matrix mixing or presets are required for room combining and paging. No wiring required to distribute pages and background music to multiple zones.
Seamlessly interface HAL to your application with a broad variety of peripheral devices including smart Digital Remotes, Remote Audio Devices (RADs), portable and in-rack auto mixers, bus Expansion devices, and an advanced Paging Station.
In addition, the HAL1 and Halogen software check the status, location, CAT 5 wiring integrity, and that audio is flowing in all peripheral devices, so you know your system is properly connected and ready to go.
HAL with Halogen software is more than just another DSP drag-and-drop system. It will revolutionize the way you design and install systems. HAL is fully compatible and easily integrated with existing Rane products like gain-sharing auto mixers and Rane's almost endless variety of RADs.
The HAL1 and EXP1 will ship Fall of 2011.
- Front panel signal, overload and enabled indicators for all RAD I/O
- Supports up to eight RADs or Digital Remotes in any combination.
- Each Port 2 in x 2 out plus control channel (with a RAD)
- RJ-45 shielded CAT 5 connections up to 500 feet (152 meters)
- Expansion Bus connects more EXP1 units (up to four per HAL1)
- Firewire IEEE 1394a 6-pin connectors
- Unit Size: 1U, 1.75"H x 19"W x 8.25"D (4.4 cm x 48.3 cm x 20.9 cm)
- Unit Weight: 5 lb (2.3 kg)