Classic Dynamics Control
One of our all-time most popular products, the ACP88 delivers the classic analog compression that helped establish PreSonus as a leading signal-processor manufacturer. With eight independent, full-featured compressor/limiters and gates, the ACP88 can solve a host of thorny studio and live-sound problems.
Each channel provides a fully variable compressor with a sidechain send and return to enable spectral processing and ducking. In addition to the usual attack, release, ratio, threshold, and makeup gain controls, each compressor offers selectable soft- or hard-knee compression and an Auto Attack feature that overrides the manual controls and applies preset attack and release curves. A six-segment LED meter displays the amount of gain reduction.
The compressor/limiter is followed by a full-featured gate with attack, release, and threshold controls; a gate-range switch, which determines the amount of level reduction that occurs when the gate closes; and a sidechain/key insert loop that enables the gate to be opened, or "keyed," in response to a modified version of the program signal or some other external source.
With eight dynamics processors in one unit, you can employ tricks that aren't possible with lesser processors. The Channel Link feature lets you lock together as many channels as you wish, so that all processors follow the setting of the master processor. Since you can create multiple simultaneous link groups, you could link a stereo pair of channels plus a group of four processors and still have two unlinked channels for other applications.
Each channel can be independently bypassed so you can audition signals with and without processing. And since the ACP88 is designed to work smoothly with a variety of professional and semipro gear, you can select +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating levels independently for each channel.
Old Skool Rules
Some people say they don't make signal processors the way they used to. Nonsense. The ACP88 is a superb old-skool processor, with physical knobs and switches for every parameter, shoehorned into two rackspaces, and it delivers a pure analog sound that will always be in style.
So if you want a professional analog dynamics processor that is every bit as powerful and sonically pleasing as the famous vintage processors were "back when," try the ACP88. Because great sound never gets old.
- 8 independent channels, each with:
- Full-featured analog compressor/limiter
- Attack, Release, Ratio, Threshold, and (makeup) Gain controls
- Auto Attack button
- Soft/hard knee switch
- Sidechain send/return
- 6-segment LED gain-reduction meter
- Full-featured gate
- Sidechain/key insert send/return
- Attack, Release, and Threshold controls
- Gate-range switch
- Bypass switch
- Channel Link button (can link multiple channels)
- +4 dBu/-10 dBV operating-level switch
- For each channel (x 8 channels):
- 1 balanced 1/4" TRS line input
- 1 balanced 1/4" TRS line output
- 1 unbalanced TRS 1/4" compressor sidechain send-return
- 1 unbalanced TRS 1/4" gate sidechain/key insert send-return
- 2U 19" rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Internal power supply with standard IEC connector
- Number of Channels: Eight
- Dynamic Range: >115dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >95dB
- Headroom: +24dBu, Unbalanced, +18dBu, Balanced
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Crosstalk: <82dB @10kHz
- Compression Threshold Range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Compressor Attack Time: 0.02ms to 200 ms
- Compressor Release Time: 0.5ms to 500ms
- Auto Attack and Release: Program Dependent
- Gate Threshold Range: -70dBu to +20dBu
- Gate Attack Time: 0.01ms to 100ms
- Gate Release Time: 0.02ms to 2 sec
- Gate Attenuation Range: -15dB or -60dB
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
- THD + Noise: <0.02%
- Output Gain: -20dB to +20dB
- Compression Curve Types: Hard and Soft Knee
- Compression Metering: Above/Below Threshold LED
- Gate Metering: Open and Closed LED
- Sidechain Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
- Sidechain Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Internal Operation Level: +4dBu=0dBu
- Input Range: +4dBu or -10dBu
- Input Connectors: 1/4" TRS, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Output Connectors: 1/4" TRS, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Compressor Sidechain Connector: 1/4" TRS
- Gate Sidechain Connector: 1/4" TRS
- Power Supply: Internal, Linear Supply (factory configured)
- Power Requirements: 100V AC to 120V AC or 200V AC to 240V AC
- Power Connection: IEC Receptacle
- Size: 2U Rack
- Dimensions: 19" x 3.5" x 7"
- Weight: 12lbs.