This is a special order item, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
Since the 1950s, the Neumann M 50 has been heralded as the ideal microphone
for orchestral recording and string scoring. With its phenomenal transient
response and unique directional
characteristic, this classic mic
has endeared many fans, both in the control room and on the soundstage.
The new M 150 Tube
* takes many of the features from the original M 50 and incorporates them in a very modern microphone
. With low self noise
, a Titanium membrane and capsule
, transformerless tube amplifier
and sophisticated power supply, the M 150 Tube
is not a reissue but an entirely new microphone
in its own right.
The Titanium diaphragm
of the pressure capsule
is 12 mm in diameter and is exceedingly thin. Although Titanium has been known to have unique and desirable characteristics for some time, it has, until very recently, been very difficult to procure in the quality necessary for use in a microphone
of this type.
The headgrille is shaped just like that on the original M 50, as requested by various top engineers in the recording industry. Due to mounting the pressure capsule
with the diaphragm
flush to the surface of a small (40 mm) sphere, the directional
characteristic of the M 150 Tube
is entirely unique.
At the lowest frequencies, this system is a pure omnipressure transducer
with a perfectly circular polar pattern
. However, in the mid- and upper frequencies, the pickup pattern becomes more narrow. The M 150 Tube
is an ideal microphone
for any stereo
, 5.1 or 7.1 surround recording, particularly DECCA Tree technique.
The dynamic range
of the M 150 Tube
is 119 dB
, allowing reproduction of the full musical expression, without restraint.
With a low self noise
of 15 dB-A, more gain
can be used without risk of adding noise
to the final product. The transformerless output circuit of this microphone
allows for extremely fine reproduction of small signals and low frequency
information. Also, long cable runs can be used with no loss of signal quality.
- All Titanium capsule
- Unparalleled transient accuracy
- Pressure omni capsule for extended low frequency response
- Modern version of the world-famous M 50
- Transformerless tube amplifier based on the award-winning M 149 Tube microphone
- Ideal for DECCA tree recording and surround miking techniques
- Very low self noise of 15 dB-A
- Stereo sets with consecutive serial numbers
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure transducer
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 20 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 28 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 15 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 66 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Typical SPL (tube characteristic)2): K < 0,5 %: 114 dB, K < 5 %: 134 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 8 dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted): K < 0,5 % *: 99 dB, K < 5 %: 119 dB
- Powering: Power supply N 149 A
- Matching connector microphone: DIN8F
- Matching connector power supply: XLR3F
- Weight: 800 g
- Diameter: 78 mm
- Length: 165 mm