||The Neumann M 149 Tube Switchable Tube Microphone is a variable dual-diaphragm microphone. The K 49 capsule, well known from the legendary U 47 and M 49 microphones, is followed by a tube functioning as an impedance converter. In contrast to earlier concepts utilizing a transformer, the tube is complemented with a transformerless output circuit design. The M 149 Tube can thus feed long microphone cables without any coloration.
Two slide switches are located below the large, acoustically-open headgrille. The switch at the front allows selection one of nine directional patterns. The slide switch at the rear operates a seven-step high pass filter, allowing very fine adjustment of the cut-off frequency.
- Transformerless Tube Output Circuitry
Transformer-less output circuit, triode tube and integrated amplifier provide a signal output stage featuring very low self noise and distortion. The final output stage is an integrated amplifier that provides a very high output signal and the frequency response curve is unaffected by high, transient signal levels resulting in warm, transparent signal reproduction.
- Exceptional Signal Reproduction
Utilizing the legendary K49 capsule - well known from the legendary U47 and M49 microphones - as well as a modern tube and high quality amplifier output stage, the M149 Tube delivers exceptional signal character and response. A frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz and SPL rating of 136dB < 5%THD result in pristine audio reproduction at various dynamic range.
- 9 Selectable Polar Patterns
Omnidirectional, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid and figure 8 polar patterns are provided. Intermediate positions of each are located in between the pattern designations.
- Low Frequency Roll-Off Switch
A 7-position low frequency roll-off switch is located at the rear of the microphone. It selects a high-pass filter, advancing in half-octave steps between 20 Hz and 160 Hz (-3dB)
- Shock Mounted Capsule
The capsule is mounted elastically inside the head to minimize structure borne noise.
- EA170 Shock-Mount
The elastic EA170 microphone shock-mount is included and even further minimizes noise caused by handling.
- Transducer: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional, Wide Angle Cardioid, Cardioid, Hpercardioid, Figure-8, and One Intermediate Position Each
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): DIN/IEC 651 for < 0,5% THD (for < 5% THD)= 101 (121) dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
CCIR 468-3= 66/69/71 dB*
DIN/IEC 651= 78/81/83 dB*
- Maximum Input Sound Level:
for < 0,5% THD= 120 dB
for < 5% THD= 136 dB
- Power Requirements: N 149 Power supply included
- Output Impedance:
Rated Impedance: 50 Ohms
Rated Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Output Connectors:
Microphone = DIN8F
Power Supply = XLR-3Type
- Case: Aluminum Microphone Case and Attractive Outer Box for Storage and Protection of All Components
- Pad: None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Yes, Advancing in Half-Octave Steps Between 20 Hz and 160 Hz (-3dB)
NOTE: This filter is useful to suppress rumble from air-conditioning and in windy situations.
- Applications: Broadcasting, Dubbing, Voice-Overs, Spot Mic for Close Miking of Solo Instruments, Especially Strings, Wind Instruments, and Piano and General Studio Recording
- Dimensions: 8.04 x 2.8" (201 x 70mm) LxD
- Weight: 25.8 oz (730g)
|| M 149 Tube
| Part Number
| Product Category
|| Tube Microphones
| Unit of Measure
|| 7.50 lbs.