Mackie TT24A DIGITAL CONSOLE FOR ANALOG MINDS.
The idea behind Mackie's new TT24 Digital Live Console was simple. We wanted to give engineers all the benefits of live digital mixing - like instant recall, built-in dynamics, and software control - within reach of two hands and a modest budget. After spending considerable R&D time and big bucks designing and refining this concept console, we proudly introduce the real-world-ready TT24, the first digital live console designed by analog mixer fanatics.
The TT24 is a fully digital 24-bit/96kHz mid-sized console which gives engineers full automation and recall of levels, EQ, effects, routing and more. And unlike other affordable digital consoles, designed primarily as recording desks, the TT24 puts gobs of standard analog and digital I/O right on the rear panel. Not to mention being far easier to learn and use by the average live sound engineer.BUSTIN' WITH ANALOG I/O!
Affordable digital consoles have historically been developed as production mixers, with live features added as an afterthought. As such, they are notoriously limited in terms of mic channels and outputs. The TT24's rear panel, however, is bustin' with analog I/O: 24 mic/line channels, 8 line inputs, 2 CD/Tape inputs, Talkback Mic input, L/R & C (mono) Main outputs, 12 Auxiliary sends, and 8 Group/Matrix outputs. (Click here for a sexy rear panel shot.) Of course, you can also expand the TT24 using optional I/O cards, and even link two consoles together for a mondo 48-fader/72-input/96-channel version.DSP WHERE YOU NEED IT
The TT24 team spent a great deal of time figuring out a way to access and apply all of the TT24's onboard DSP power in a way that's practical, intuitive, and fast enough for live sound. All 24 mic inputs all have 4-band EQ, Comp/Limiter, and Gate available within two button presses; and the 8 line inputs have the 4-band EQ as well. So by installing a TT24, you can say goodbye to your bulky, expensive rack of outboard dynamics processors and equalizers forever. Read more.FLEX GROUPS: A TT EXCLUSIVE!
The TT24's Flex Groups consist of 8 groups individually configurable as mono, stereo or VCA-style groups with dedicated group faders. You can tailor these groups specifically for your application, whether its traditional analog-style Mono groups, Stereo groups on a single fader, or VCA groups-a feature not available on any console, digital or analog, at this price. Of course, the Flex Group faders are in addition to the 24 channel faders to avoid bank switching during normal operation.AUX MODE: INSTANT MONITOR CONSOLE!
Using Aux mode, the TT24 can be turned into a full-featured professional monitor console with a single button press. (To make things easy, we made Aux Mode the only blue button on the console.) In Aux mode, the TT24 channel faders become Aux Send levels, while Group faders become Aux Send masters. This makes the TT24 a great front-of-house console or an ideal monitor mixing console depending on your application.WHAT IS MATRIX PLUS?
This is where things get jiggy. The TT24's Matrix Plus is a type of digital patching not possible with analog consoles. Basically, it lets you patch any source into the Matrix, providing you with additional sub-mixes for cry rooms, green rooms, broadcast, recording and monitoring. So the next time you need to run another mix, it's not a problem .TT CONTROL SOFTWARE
The TT24 ships with Mackie's powerful TT Control software, which can be used to control and monitor the console using a laptop or desktop PC. Once connected via a single USB cable, TT Control software provides a large, full-color view of the TT24's touchscreen. In addition to providing a larger view, the TT Control software's interface was designed with daylight usage in mind (i.e. we used black lines on white backgrounds or bright yellow text on black backgrounds). In default setting, the TT24's LCD screen is mirrored in the in the software, making it easy to keep your hands on the control surface with your eyes on the computer monitor. But the software can also be set up to operate independently of the console if a second engineer is working. Additionally, TT Control allows for convenient file saving and firmware upgrades via PC.EXPANDING YOUR TT24 UNIVERSE
The TT24 Digital Live Console already has more DSP power and I/O than anything in its class. But we're not the types to stop there - we provide two expansion slots on the rear of the console so you can take the power of the TT24 up a notch, or two rather.Features:
- 24-bit/96kHz digital mixing console purposely designed for live applications
- 99 snapshots instantly recall levels, dynamics processing, EQ, routing, mutes, etc.
- 24 mic/line inputs with 4-band Parametric EQ/Comp/Gate/Variable HPF standard
- 8 Line inputs with 4-band Parametric EQ (stereo linkable)
- Onboard 24 x 24 digital ADAT Optical I/O; 2 x 2 Stereo Digital I/O (SPDIF or AES) 2 Stereo Analog Inputs (RCA and 1/4")
- Quick Mix section featuring 5-inch touchscreen LCD, 12 knobs and 8 buttons provide fast access to primary live mixing functions
- 24 x 100mm motorized faders with full recall, as well as 4 x 100mm motorized Group Faders and a dedicated motorized Master Fader
- 24 multi-function V-Pots with metering
- 12 Aux sends with 6-band EQ, including dual Kill filters and Comp/Limiter (stereo linkable)
- Left/Right/Center (Mono) outputs with 6-band EQ, including dual Kill filters and Comp/Limiter
- TT Control software for operational monitoring and console control via desktop or laptop PC and single USB connection
- Aux Mode for instant conversion into monitor console
- 11 x 8 Matrix Plus allows patching any desired signal into the matrix
- 99 user presets for Venues, Eqs, Dynamics, Channel Strips, and EFX
- 8 user-definable Flex Groups
- 2 rear-panel card slots for I/O and effects expansion
- Dual console linking via optional communication card for up to 96 channels