- AES16: Standard model without cables. Refer to the optional cables listed below.
- AES16-XLR: Includes two six-foot D-sub to XLR cables sets.
- AES16-SRC: Includes XLR cable sets and eight channels of onboard sample rate conversion.
- Digital I/O
- Number/Type: Eight stereo inputs and eight stereo outputs 24-bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
- Channels: 16 in/out in single-wire mode
- Sample Rates: All standard rates and variable rates up to 192 kHz in both single-wire and dual-wire modes
- Sample Rate Conversion: Eight channels available with support for conversion ratios up to 8:1
Dynamic range: 142 dB
Multiple-input SRC phase matching
Available on AES16-SRC model only
- Core: FPGA-based core contains custom PCI interface, data routing and formatting, device control, digital mixing, clock routing and control, and DMA engine.
256 Kbytes of on-board RAM for data buffering Support for field upgrades of firmware.
- Audio Devices: Card is visible to host applications as eight record devices and eight play devices. Each device has two channels and can be used independently for multi-client functionality.
- Sources: Digital inputs 1 - 4, external word clock (with XLR cables only) on BNC, internal word clock on header, on-board low-jitter crystal oscillator
- SynchroLock: Multi-stage, VCXO-based clock generation system with high jitter attenuation. Wide mode tracks off-frequency clocks, narrow mode generates ultra-low jitter output for standard frequencies.
- On-board Digital Mixer
- Type: Hardware-based, low latency
- Routing: Ability to route any input to any or multiple outputs
- Mixing: Up to four input or playback signals mixed to any output, 40-bit precision
- Status: Peak levels to -114 dB on all inputs and outputs
- LStream Expansion Ports
- Compatibility: Supports Lynx LStream expansion cards including the LS-ADAT 16-Channel ADAT I/O card
- Type: High-speed serial, up to 16 channels @ 24-bits on 14-pin internal connector
- I/O Ports: Two bracket-mounted 26-pin high-density female D-sub connectors. Can be configured to support eight channel or four channel AES connections.
- External Clock: 75-ohm BNC word clock input and output provided on XLR cable set
- Internal Clock: Two 75-ohm board mounted 2-pin headers for word clock input and output
- Windows Drivers: For Windows 2000 / XP platforms: MME, ASIO 2.0, WDM, DirectSound, Direct Kernel Streaming and GSIF
- Macintosh Drivers: CoreAudio for OSX
- Mixer Application: Multi-window GUI provides complete control of digital mixer and all hardware settings.
- PCI Bus: Version 2.2 compliant
- Data Transfers: Up to 132 Mbytes/sec using custom 16-channel zero-wait state, scatter-gather DMA engine Bus mastering supported
- Size: 5.0" H X 7.4" W X 0.75" D (half-size PCI card)
- Cables (included)
- CBL-AES1604: Six-foot, 110-ohm shielded twisted pair cabling 26-pin high-density male D-sub to four female XLR's (AES inputs), four male XLR's (AES outputs), and two female BNC's (word clock I/O)
Quantity Two Included with AES16-XLR & AES16-SRC only
- Optional cables for AES16 Standard Model
- CBL-AES1603: 26-pin high-density male D-sub to 25-pin male D-sub. Supports either 8 channels of input or output Compatible with Apogee AD16 and DA16 Twelve-foot, 110-ohm shielded twisted pair cabling. DISCONTINUED 2009
- CBL-AES1605: 26-pin high-density male D-sub to 25-pin male D-sub. Supports 4 channels of input and output. Compatible with devices with standard Yamaha digital I/O pinout from Yamaha, Apogee, Mackie, and others. Twelve- foot, 110-ohm shielded twisted pair cabling