The UFM230 is used to configure antenna
systems requiring long cable runs or distribution to multiple
receivers. RF filtering before gain
minimizes intermodulation (IM) products and prevents overload
. Two transmission line ceramic resonators at the input provide filtering with a 230 MHz bandwidth
, followed by 12dB of gain
using a high quality GaAsFET RF amplifier
with an excellent +41dBm output IP3.
A switching regulator is used in the power supply to control current consumption over an input voltage
range of 8 to 16 volts
. The regulator maintains low current consumption and low heat dissipation which is especially useful in mobile field production applications.
The housing is constructed of cast aluminum
with a brushed aluminum
cover plate. Two rugged BNC
connectors and a threaded, locking power jack
provide secure connections for reliability in field production and longterm installations.
- 230 MHz passband from 537 to 768 MHz centered at 653 MHz (TV channels 25-63)
- Ceramic resonator filters
- GaAsFET RF amplifier
- +41dBm 3rd order intercept
- Switching regulator for 8-16V power at constant power dissipation to minimize heat at high voltage
- Jumpers set gain at +5dB, +8dB or +12dB
- Powered from external DC source or phantom power from UMC16B multicoupler and Venue receivers
- Includes 6 ft DC locking style mating