||The VT4886 Subcompact Passive Three-Way Line Array Element is designed to deliver highquality reinforcement of music and speech in a wide variety of applications including concert audio and corporate A/V presentations of all types for both portable users and fixed venue installations.
The VT4886 is a very compact, lightweight enclosure housing two 6.5" low frequency transducers, four 2.5" midrange components and two 1" high frequency compression drivers. Advanced component design and density provide an extremely high power-toweight ratio with more SPL output than other systems in its class.
A proprietary waveguide seamlessly integrates MF and HF section output in a nextgeneration implementation of JBL's patented R.B.I. (Radiation Boundary Integrator) technology, providing precise wavefront control and optimum inter-enclosure coupling. JBL Thermomaster technology improves heat transfer while reducing mid section power compression. LF transducers feature patented Differential Drive technology and are matched to a low-frequency diffraction absorber with a tuned resonant-chamber that reduces cavity resonance and cabinet edge diffraction effects. A highly refined passive network minimizes insertion loss while ensuring precise impedance matching between LF, MF and HF sections.
Application flexibility was a key design criterion. Possible uses include: suspended or ground-stacked (standalone or with the companion VT4883 subcompact subwoofer) for FOH, offstage fill, stereo in-fill, center cluster or delay cluster use; suspended with VT4883 enclosures and additional groundstacked VERTEC subwoofers for 4-way FOH use; underbalcony (1-4 enclosures); distributed front fill (1-2 enclosures); modular, constant curvature horizontal line array; downfill use with mid- or full-sized VERTEC models; pole mounting (tripod-mounted or with optional extension rod for the VT4883). For optimum performance, DSP presets have been specifically engineered for the abovementioned configurations.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)1: 65 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)1: 75 Hz - 18 kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle (-6 dB): 110 degrees nominal (averaged 250 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Vertical Coverage Angle (-6 dB): Varies with array size and configuration
- System Input Power Rating2: 900 W Continuous, 3600 W Peak (AES / 2 hour)
- 700 W Continuous, 2800 W Peak (100 hour)
- Bandpass Nominal Impedance: 12 ohms (drivers wired in series-parallel, passive network)
- Bandpass Sensitivity3: 101 dB, 1W / 1m
- Maximum Peak Output4: 136 dB SPL, 1m
- Recommended Amplification: 1400-1800 W at 12 ohms (single enclosure)
- 2800-3600 W at 6 ohms (two enclosures in parallel)
- 4200-5400 W at 4 ohms (three enclosures in parallel)
- 5600-7200 W at 3 ohms (four enclosures in parallel)
- Recommended Signal Crown I-Tech HD, Crown I-Tech, dbx DriveRack 4800,
- Processing: BSS Audio FDS-366T Omnidrive, BSS Audio Soundweb London
- Low Frequency: Two 2166H-1, 165 mm (6.5 in) dia., 50 mm (2 in) Dual Coil, Dual Magnet
- Neodymium Differential Drive, Direct Cooled
- Mid Frequency: Four 2103G, 101 mm (2.5 in) with 25.4 mm (1 in) dia. voice coil and
- Neodymium magnet
- High Frequency: Two 2414H, 25 mm (1 in) exit compression driver, Neodymium magnet,
- 38 mm (1.5 in) voice coil
- Box Construction: Wedge frustum 7.5 degree side angle enclosure, PlyMax engineered wood
- composite structure, DuraFlex finish, 2 handles
- Suspension System: S.A.F.E. hardware, integral hinge bars nest in suspension tubes on box ends.
- Quick release pins with restraining lanyards. Set of 4 hinge bars included.
- Suspend with VT4886-AF Array Frame.
- Grille: Black perforated steel, foam backed
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-8 and NL-4 (2x each)
- Input Selection (Slide Switch): Pins 3+/3- (NL8) and 1+/1- (NL4) or,
- Pins 4+/4- (NL8) and 2+/2- (NL4)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 197 mm x 579 mm x 261 mm (7.8 in x 22.8 in x 10.3 in)
- Net Weight: 15.4 kg (34 lb)
- Shipping Weight: 17.5 kg (38.5 lbs)
- Optional Accessories
- VT4886-AF Array frame for suspension of VT4883, VT4886, or mixed VT4883/VT4886 arrays. Can also be used for ground stacking.
- VT4886-AB Adapter bar for attachment of multiple VT4886-AF array frames
- VT4886-UB Under-balcony adapter plate, supplied with bolt-on pole mount adapter. Can also be used as a stacking platform for distributed front fill applications.
- VT4886-UB2 Basic 2 point U Bracket adapter for suspension of smaller arrays
- SS4-BK2 Adjustable extension rod with M20 thread for attachment to VT4883, hand crank height adjustment and patented expanding mandrel system for secure, vibration free attachment of optional VT4886-UB accessory and up to 3x VT4886
- VT4886-HB Horizontal bracket for arraying VT4886 enclosures as a constant curvature horizontal line array
- VT4886-DF88 Downfill Adapter for suspending VT4886 under VT4888
- VT4886-DF89 Downfill Adapter for suspending VT4886 under VT4889