The SRX738 combines the performance of a subwoofer-equipped system with single-enclosure ease of use. The 2268H 457 mm (18 in) patented* Differential Drive woofer
delivers impressive low-frequency
extension without a sub. The midrange
is covered by JBL's CMCD Cone Midrange Compression Driver
technology using a 2169H 203 mm (8 in) driver
. The CMCD design provides very low midrange
distortion, increased sensitivity
, extended bandwidth
and improved phase
coherence. The multi-band, Progressive Transition waveguide assembly also hosts a 75 mm (3 in) voice coil
2431H compression driver
or full-range passive operation may be selected by means of an internal network mode selector.
For applications requiring suspension, a flying version, the SRX738F is available. The F version offers the option of selecting economical, forged eyebolts (not included) for fixed installation or the convenience of detachable track
fittings (not included) for portable applications.
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood and coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille wraps around the sides of the enclosure so there are no protruding lips on the front of the box to create acoustical interference. The grilles are internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver
protection and give a very professional appearance.
- Reinforcement of vocal and instrumental music requiring low frequency extension
- Dance music playback
- 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive low-frequency driver for extended low-frequency output
- CMCD Cone Midrange Compression Driver provides low midrange distortion, increased sensitivity, extended bandwidth and improved phase coherence.
- 60 x 40 coverage.
- Bi-amplified or full-range passive operation.
- Five suspension points may be used with optional M10 eyebolts or detachable track fittings.
- System Type: 18", three-way, bass-reflex,
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 60 x 40 nominal
- Crossover Modes: Bi-amp / passive, externally switchable
- Crossover Frequencies: 2 kHz / 350 Hz
- Power Rating (Continuous / Program / Peak):Passive: 800 W / 1600W / 3200 WBi-amp LF: 800 W / 1600W / 3200 WBi-amp MF/HF: 350W / 700W / 1400W
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL peak
- System Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL (passive mode)
- Mid / High Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 108 dB SPL (bi-amp mode)
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- MF Driver: 1 x JBL CMCD-81H Cone Midrange Compression Driver with integral 2169H 200 mm (8 in) Differential Drive driver
- HF Driver: 1 x JBL 2431H 75 mm (3 in) voice coil, neodymium compression driver
- Nominal Impedance:Passive: 8 ohmsBi-amp LF: 8 ohmsBi-amp HF: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: Trapezoidal, 15mm, 11-ply birch plywood
- Suspension / Mounting: 5 x suspension points, M10 or optional track kit
- Transport: 2 x steel handles
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16 gauge perforated steel with transparent charcoal foam backing. Removable JBL badge and punched JBL logo.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1092 mm x 541 mm x 648 mm (43 in x 21.3 in x 25.5 in)
- Net Weight: 43 kg (95 lbs.)
- Optional Accessories:SRX738-CVR: Pull-over padded coverSRX-FF3: Flying hardware kit229-00009-01: 10 mm forged eyebolts and washers