The MPro MP418S is a compact, single eighteen inch subwoofer
in a bass
reflex enclosure. It is designed to supplement and extend the lowfrequency output of full-range systems in a variety of portable and fixed applications. Achieving the power and performance characteristics of the MP418S requires the use of a woofer
with very high motor strength - the JBL 2241. This woofer
uses VGC (Vented Gap Cooling) an exclusive JBL technology that greatly reduces the loss of output resulting from power compression
/ satellite" systems (systems in which a smaller, two-way speaker
is mounted over a subwoofer
) have grown in popularity as users recognize the benefits of elevating the mid and high frequencies while positioning the subwoofer
on the floor or stage
. To support such applications, the MP418S includes a specially designed, top-mounted, 35 mm pole mount receptacle.
The input panel incorporates a pair of Neutrik Speakon
NL-4 connectors wired in parallel. The subwoofer
is supplied with pins 1+/- connected to the woofer
. This may be easily reconfigured to work with cabling systems intended to drive subwoofers on pins 2+/-.
The MP418S is also designed to be used as a "slave" to the powered MP418SP. When used in this manner, the result is a dual 18", powered subwoofer
system with 1,320 watts
- 600 watt (average), 2,400 watt (peak), 4 ohm VGC (Vented Gap Cooling) 18 inch low frequency transducer for power and performance. VGC design greatly reduces output-robbing power compression.
- Dual Neutrik Speakon NL-4 input connectors provided for secure connection.
- Input connections may be reconfigured for pin 1+/- or pin 2+/- for compatibility with any cabling scheme.
- Enclosure constructed of 18 mm plywood and coated with JBL's exclusive DuraFlex - a rugged, advanced, poly-urea finish.
- 16 gauge, hexagon perforated, steel grill.
- Heavy duty steel carry handles.
- 35 mm pole mount receptacle for use with mid / high "satellite" speakers. Receptacle is ruggedized to withstand the additional stress of supporting a satellite system. Requires optional SS3-BK pole or equivalent.
- System Type: 18" subwoofer, bass-reflex enclosure
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 36 Hz - 300 Hz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 40 Hz - 300 Hz
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 101 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 135 dB SPL
- Power Capacity: 600 watts
- Peak Power Capacity: 2,400 watts
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 617.9 mm x 538.1 mm x 598.4 mm (24.3 in x 21.2 in x 23.6 in)
- Net Weight: 29 kg (64 lbs.)
- Drivers: 1 x JBL 2241G
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2), factory wired for pin 1+/- operation, user configurable for pin 2+/- operation
- Enclosure Construction: DuraFlex coated, 18 mm plywood; steel carrying handles, 16 ga. steel grill; 35 mm pole mount socket.
- Optional Accessories: SS3-BK pole