High Design Loudspeaker
with 70V/100V Transformer. Weather Resistance. Unique, contemporary, curved design. Dual 100 mm
(4 in) woofers provide superb sound
quality. Combinable into half-round or full 360 round arc clusters.
The Control CRV brings high design and versatility to commercial applications such as restaurants, retail stores, lounges, theme bars, music cafes, hotels, boardrooms, boutiques, museums, leisure venues, outdoors, upscale lobbies, and other foreground and background music and paging applications that require a fashionable look with superb sound
Dual 100 mm
(4 in) woofers feature Polyplas cones for durability, large 32 mm
(1-1/2 in) voice coils wound on vented aluminum
formers for high power
handling, and dual neodymium
magnets for high output with low harmonic distortion
. The 19 mm
(3/4 in) tweeter
features a titanium laminate dome tweeter
, a shielded neodymium
magnet, and Ferrofluid cooling for maximum power
handling and reduced thermal compression
. A bi-radial waveguide reduces high frequency
variations in the frequency response
across the listening area. The advanced high-slope crossover
network (36 dB
high-pass to the tweeter
and 18 dB
low-pass to the woofers) provides natural midrange sound
quality along with smooth pattern coverage in the crossover
JBL Control CRV speakers are exceedingly versatile, with multiple
installation possibilities. The JBL Control CRV speaker
can be wall-mounted aimed straight out from the wall, angled down at a 45 aiming axis, mounted spanning the junction of a wall and ceiling, or spanning the junction of a wall and another wall. At a junction, the unique curved shape of the speaker
couples well with both boundary surfaces, forming a dual ground
plane configuration which increases the acoustic length of the speaker
, providing additional spaciousness to the sound
character and increased bass
output. In addition, two or three Control CRV speakers can be joined together to create loudspeaker
solutions for a wide variety of coverage, appearance and mounting requirements. Using the optional PMB polemount bracket, four speakers can be joined together and suspended by a ceiling fan pole to form a cluster module with 360 horizontal coverage.Features:
- Components: Dual 100 mm (4 in) woofers and 19 mm (3/4 in) titanium-laminate tweeter.
- Outdoor rated to IP-34 (per IEC 529).
- Built-in 70V/100V multi-tap transformer for distributed loudspeaker lines, plus 4 ohm direct capability.
- Unique, contemporary, curved design with versatile mounting configurations.
- Professional-quality input terminals.
- Superb sound quality
- Frequency Range (-10dB):80 Hz - 20 kHz (half-space, on-wall)60 Hz - 20 kHz (quarter space, at two-wall junction)
- Power Handling:75 W Continuous Pink Noise, 2 hrs60 W Continuous Pink Noise, 100 hrs150 W Continuous Program Power300 W Continuous Peak Power
- Nominal Sensitivity: 89 dB
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 108 dB continuous average long-term (peaks of 114 dB)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 105 horizontal x 80 vertical (2 kHz - 16 kHz, speaker in vertical orientation)
- DI: 8.6 dB (2 kHz - 16 kHz)
- Q 7.4 (2 kHz - 16 kHz),
- Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 4.0 Ohms @ 320 Hz
- Crossover Frequency and Type: 2 kHz - 36dB/octave tweeter; 18dB/octave woofers
- Transformer Taps: 30 W, 15 W, 7.5 W at both 70 V and 100 V (plus 3.8 W at 70 V only) Thru position is 4 ohms
- Low-Frequency Transducers: Dual 4" (100 mm) PolyPlas, shielded woofer with dual neodymium magnets and 32 mm (1.25 in) voice coil on a vented aluminum former.
- High-Frequency Transducer: 3/4" (19 mm) Titanium-laminate dome tweeter, shielded neodymium magnet Ferrofluid cooling.
- Enclosure Material: ABS
- Ports: Screened to protect against ingress of pests
- Environmental: IP-34 rating, per IEC529. Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV. Passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, nickel plated metal screws/washers.Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lug (#6, #8, or #10 lug) plus bare wire up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2.
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer is UL registered per UL1876.
- Colors: Black or white (-WH)
- Dimensions: 364 mm (14.4 in) wide, 251 mm (9.9 in) max depth including wall
- bracket, 262 mm (10.3 in) side depth, 127 mm (5 in) height
- Net Weight (ea): 3.2 kg (7.0 lbs)
- Included Accessories: Corner/wall-mount bracket with cap, screws, and trim covers
- Optional Accessories: PMB-BK and PMB-WH (white) Pole-Mount Bracket for 4-speaker 360 hanging pendant cluster