Focusrite's new Midnight plug-in suite takes two of the most iconic Focusrite modules of all time - the ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor; models their sound exactly with powerful DSP technology; and gives them elegant, functional on-screen front panels that make them simplicity itself to use. Now you can add that authentic, classic Focusrite sound to your own tracks at a price you can afford. Your productions have never sounded so good.
The ISA110 and 130 modules, created for the legendary Forte console in the 1980s, represent the epitome of Focusrite analogue audio processing, and performed a vital role in the making of literally thousands of hit records - they still change hands for thousands today. Their new digital incarnation in the Midnight suite for AU, VST and RTAS gives them stunning new hi-def on-screen front panels so realistic you'll believe you can grab a knob with your fingers. In fact, of course, you can tweak them with a click and a drag of the mouse, or graphically edit the response curves. But whichever way you want to go, behind each exquisite graphic front-panel lies powerful DSP code that exactly models the original analogue processors that inspired the Midnight suite, with all the warmth, clarity, control and incredible sound of those original analogue designs.
A glance at those clear, clean analogue-style front panels and you'll know exactly how to use the Midnight suite. The controls are simple and intuitive. The meters are responsive and accurate. And the sound... these plug-ins sound as good as they look, putting classic Focusrite clarity and warmth under your fingertips.
Midnight EQ helps you manage problems and inspires solutions. It's a 4-band full-parametric EQ with peaking and shelving plus low- and high-pass filters. High end control up to 15kHz - just what you need to give a vocal that extra something. +/- 16 dB of gain in each band. Overlapping midranges with fully variable Q. Midnight EQ gives your tracks full, rich bass; a pure, open top-end; and beautiful midrange definition.
Meanwhile Midnight Compressor brings you control at your fingertips. It features compression ratios of 1.5 to infinity, adjustable attack and auto/manual release and simple, clear metering that helps you keep an eye on gain reduction, threshold and input/output levels. Input and makeup gain settings help you get the gain structure just right for perfect control. Vocals are right there, with a warmth and naturalness you've never quite been able to reach before. Bass lines gain a solid, firm foundation that makes you think the guy's still in the room. Suddenly your tracks sit perfectly in the mix, you're on a roll and your hair's standing on end. Know the feeling™ You will.
The Midnight modules deliver incredible power, flexibility and a gorgeous sound that launched a thousand hits. If you're looking to take your tracks to the next level, you need the best: in the past, maybe that step was beyond your reach. But now the power to give your productions that extra edge is within your grasp. Step into Midnight, from Focusrite. And don't look back.
- Powerful DSP modelling.
- Exactly recreates the sound of two classic Focusrite modules renowned for their sound, versatility and hit-making heritage. Brings that exact sound into your digital studio and puts it at your fingertips.
- Legendary audio quality.
- Focusrite's reputation was built on sound principles. From the original analogue consoles of the 1980s to today's digital studio, Focusrite quality is second to none. In fact, it's so good you can take it for granted.
- Exquisite high-definition graphic user interface.
- We did more than exactly model two incredible analogue modules, incredibly accurately. We gave them gorgeous graphic front panels, too. We didn't do that just to look pretty: we did it to make them simple to use and easy to learn - just like their analogue predecessors. Controls are intuitive; meters tell you what you need to know, clearly and instantly. You get what you want, and fast.
- The sound at the heart of the digital studio.
- If there are two parts of the studio signal chain that make the most difference when it comes to defining your sound, they are compression and EQ. Midnight combines a powerful, versatile, easy to use compressor with a clear, warm and flexible equaliser. They're just the tools you need to give you the edge and take you to the next level.
- A step up you can afford.
- Until now, tools like these were often beyond reach, especially if you're just starting out. Midnight changes all that. Now you no longer have to rely on the basic channel modules that came with your system, or cheap alternatives that ruin your sound. Nor do you have to blow your entire budget on the plug-ins of the past. Midnight gives you quality tools you can afford - quality tools you can't do without.