The QTC series (Quiet Time Coherent) is designed for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs. Earthworks' reputation for realism is based on these distinctive omnis. Their degree of clarity is unparalleled. Our claim of Time Coherent Response means these models do not smear the time domain as most microphones do. Earthworks microphones have exceptional impulse response and diaphragm
settling time. QTC microphones handle sound
levels up to 142dB with no proximity effect
or handling noise
. All models are available in matched pairs.
Omni - 6Hz to 30kHz. The QTC30 is an economical alternative to our popular QTC40
(same as the QTC1). Its 30kHz high frequency response
and small size make it ideal for capturing high quality sound
where space is a concern. The QTC30 is an excellent choice in cost vs. performance.
The Quiet Time Coherent QTC30 has an excellent cost/performance ratio. With a frequency response
to 30kHz and excellent impulse response, it will reproduce sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like, making it an ideal and affordable choice for recording applications. Its small stainless steel
body is 6.5 inches long and has no handling noise
- Frequency Response: 6Hz to 30kHz
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 30mV/Pa (-30.5dBV/Pa)
- Power requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Peak acoustic input: 142dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Minimum output load: 600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted), 24.5dB SPL equivalent (unweighted)
- Dimensions: 6.25"L x 0.86"D
- Weight: 5.64 oz.