d:fine Single-Ear Omnidirectional Headset Microphone, 120 mm Boom
Available in black, beige, brown, and lime green, d:fine has been ergonomically designed to fit easily and seamlessly. It will adjust to fit any ear size and head shape while mounting securely and hardly visible.
Just by rotating the boom and the earhook, the microphone can be moved from left to right ear, or into the optimum position.
Staying true to the DPA legacy, d:fine offers accurate, natural voice intelligibility and very high SPL capabilities - users can both speak and sing into the mic with no hint of distortion.
d:fine is available in both omni and directional versions. Intensive protection against pop and wind noise is integrated in the microphone design and windscreens are included.
d:fine is available with single- or dual-ear mounts. The dual-ear mount is dedicated for more active situations and will be safe in even the most rigorous and energetic performance applications.
Three omnidirectional boom lengths are available to accommodate different applications and head sizes: 110 mm (4.3 in), 90 mm (3.5 in), 40 mm (1.6 in). Two directional boom lengths are available: 120 mm (4.7 in), 100 mm (3.9 in).
A service connector splits the cable from the microphone boom and allows for quick exchange of cable lengths/colors/connectors and is valuable for servicing broken cables.
The d:fine mic with boom, earhook, and cable is delivered in a neat, roadworthy box with room for accessories like transmitters and batteries. The DPA accessory line includes power supplies and adapters or cables with fixed connectors (MicroDot, 3-pin Lemo, TA4F Mini-XLR, Mini-Jack).
- Pristine audio quality
- Easy single-ear or dual-ear mounting
- Minimal visual impact
- Adapts to all pro wireless systems
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional or directional
- Principle of operation: Pressure or pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB: Omni: 20 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 15 kHz. Directional: 100 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/- 3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Omni: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 28 dB(A)). Directional: Typ. 28 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 30 dB(A)).
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Omni: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB). Directional: Typ. 40 dB (max. 42 dB).
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Omni: Typ. 68 dB(A). Directional: Typ. 66 dB(A).
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Omni: Typ. 97 dB. Directional: Typ. 95 dB.
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 ohm. From DAD6001-BC: 100 ohm.
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems. 48 V phantom power +/- 4 V with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter.
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige, brown, lime
- Weight: Microphone boom: 0.8 g (0.03 oz); earhook: 1.1 g (0.04 oz); cable: 6.6 g (0.23 oz). Total: 8.5 g (0.30 oz).
- Microphone head size (h x w x d): 9.5 x 5.3 x 2.9 mm (0.37 x 0.21 x 0.11 in)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Mic boom lengths: Omni: 40 mm (1.6 in), 90 mm (3.5 in), (110 mm (4.3 in). Directional: 100 mm (3.9 in), 120 mm (4.7 in)
- Cable length: 1.3 m (4.3 ft)
- Cable color: Black, beige, brown
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC): Fully compatible
- Temperature range: -40 C to 45 C (-40 F to 113 F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Make-up and moisture filter pre-mounted on the mic
- Cable clip which anchors the cable to your clothing
- Five color coded identification rings
- Make-up cover/ capsule protection cap
- Three windscreens