d:fine Single-Ear Directional Headset Microphone, 120 mm Boom
The DPA d:fine headset has the leading position when it comes to headworn microphones by combining absolute pristine audio quality with unique and simple mechanical solutions along side an extensive accessory line.
The d:fine has been ergonomically designed to fit easily and seamlessly. It will adjust to fit any ear size and head shape while mounting on either the left or right side of the head.
Just by rotating the boom, the microphone can be moved from left to right ear, or into the optimum position.
The d:fine directional rejects side and background noise while creating higher separation from nearby sound sources which improves the gain-to-feedback ratio and gives more channel control. Yet still, natural voice intelligibility is preserved along with its very high SPL capabilities one can both speak and sing with no hint of distortion. This is where the DPA d:fine is head and shoulders above its competition.
Intensive protection against pop/wind noise is integrated in the microphone design and windscreens are included. Also included is a capsule protection cap, a cable clip which anchors the cable to your clothing and a color coded cable clip offering easy recognition of a specific headset among many.
A service connector splits the cable from the microphone boom and allows for quick exchange of cable lengths/colors/connectors and is valuable for servicing broken cables.
Available in black, beige, brown, and lime green, the DPA d:fine is delivered in a neat, professional roadworthy box with extra room for accessories like transmitters, batteries and more.
The DPA accessory line includes windscreens, power supplies and adapters or cables with fixed connectors (MicroDot, 3-pin Lemo, TA4F mini XLR, Mini-jack).
- Pristine audio quality
- Easy single-ear or dual-ear mounting
- Rejects background noise
- Adapts to all pro wireless systems
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB, near field 2 to 3 cm (0.8 to 1.2 in): 100 Hz - 20 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/- 3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 28 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 30 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 40 dB (max. 42 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 66 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 95 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm. From DAD6001-BC: 100 ohm.
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems. 48 V phantom power +/- 4 V with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter.
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige, brown, lime
- Weight: Microphone boom: 0.8 g (0.03 oz). Earhook: 1.1 g (0.04 oz). Cable: 6.6 g (0.23 oz). Total: 8.5 g (0.30 oz).
- Microphone head size (h x w x d): 9.5 x 5.3 x 2.9 mm (0.37 x 0.21 x 0.11 in)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Mic boom length: 120 mm (4.7 in)
- Cable length: 1.3 m (4.3 ft)
- Cable color: Black, beige, brown
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC): Fully compatible
- Temperature range: -40 C to 45 C (-40 F to 113 F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Microphone (boom, ear-hook, cable)
- Make-up and moisture filter (DUA0523) pre-mounted on the mic
- Five identification rings and one make-up cover (DUA0585)
- Four windscreens (DUA0531)