||The BLM4060 Boundary Layer Microphone is ideal for use in boardrooms, conference facilities, courtrooms, teleconferencing and other applications where excellent vocal pickup is required.
The BLM4060 is a transducer designed to work under optimum conditions when placed on a tabletop, but it also performs well on any other hard, flat surface that reflects sound. The microphone element is a prepolarized omnidirectional miniature condenser microphone with a 5.4 mm (0.2 in) vertical diaphragm specially designed for maximum performance. The microphone body consists of a centre rubber disc that holds the microphone element mounted in an elegant stainless steel base. The BLM4060 has a 3 m (10 ft) cable.
The BLM4060 can be very easily placed in essentially any position on the surface, even close to the edge (See graphs & more). Users will benefit from the special characteristics of the surrounding sound field on which the BLM4060 is mounted: a 6 dB gain of direct sound and only 3 dB gain of the diffuse sound. Therefore, the sound captured has both a greater clarity - especially at high frequencies - and speech intelligibility compared to sound captured above the surface.
A wide range of connection adapters and power supplies makes it possible to use the BLM4060 with any microphone input. It is delivered with a DAD6001 adapter.
- ideal for use in boardrooms, conference facilities, courtrooms, teleconferencing
- optimized to boost speech intelligibility
- works with a wide range of connection adapters and power supplies
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional, hemisphere
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB: 20 Hz - 14 kHz (with 7 a dB soft boost at 8 kHz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/-3 dB: 20 mV/Pa at 1 kHz; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 Pa (max. 26 dB)
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 ohm. From DAD6001: 100 ohm.
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6011-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power +/-4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot/XLR 3-pin
- Microphone weight: 240 g (8.5 oz) excl. cable
- Microphone diameter: 100 mm (4 in)
- Microphone height: Height: 12 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 3 m (10 ft)
- Cable color: Black
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Finish: Black rubber disc mounted in stainless steel base
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin/pin 2 on XLR connector
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45C (14 to 113 F)
|| DPA Microphones
| Part Number
| Product Category
|| Boundary & Tabletop Microphones
| Unit of Measure
| Shipping Weight
|| 1.00 lbs.