An ideal tool for trumpet, trombone and other brass instruments, with or without mute, the 4099T effortlessly handles even the highest sound pressure levels. Its innovative mounting mechanism makes it easy to move the mic between instruments with only one hand.
The 4099T is a unique clip microphone inheriting the sonic approach from the legendary DPA studio microphones to a new range of instrument microphones. The 4099 microphone and mounting system is meticulously designed and optimized for the brass family. This is to ensure the best possible mount and audio reinforcement is achieved when performing live.
Representing years of research and development, the 4099 condenser microphones feature supercardioid polar patterns for superior gain-before-feedback. Fully capable of handling the intense sound pressure levels from a trumpet, these microphones live up to their pedigree with sound as accurate as DPA's other world-class microphones.
Despite their tiny, discreet size and elegant, lightweight design, 4099 models are extremely rugged. The versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument with only one hand, while the mounting system is designed never to mar or scratch the finish of your instrument. Any mute can be used together with the microphone and it is easy to place the trumpet in a stand while keeping the 4099 clip on the instrument.
Through the use of our extensive adapter system, the 4099 is compatible with virtually any wireless system and can also be used as a standard 48V phantom powered microphone via the included XLR connector.
With its very flexible design for a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities along with its extremely natural sound, the 4099 is truly a musician's mic without equal. Continuing DPA's heritage of sonic excellence, this series of microphones achieves the purest reproduction of your instrument and therefore your full range of expression.
Adapters for wireless microphones
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless system available plus 48 V Phantom.
DPA has specific adapters for AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Telex ProStar, Ramsa, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Toa, Vega and other systems. Each adapter for your cordless microphone is guaranteed to perfectly mate to your system of choice.
- Handles extreme sound pressure levels
- Wireless compatible
- Flexible and easy one-hand mounting
- Fits any mute
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, +/- 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz, Second order low-cut filter at 80 Hz with DAD4099
- Sensitivity, nominal, +/-3 dB: 2 mV/Pa; -54 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 28 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 31 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 66 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: 95 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 152 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm, from DAD4099: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB at 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Power supply: Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems; 48 V phantom power +/-4 V with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Current consumption: 1.5 mA; 3.5 mA with DAD4099 XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 31 g (1.1 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Cable color: Black
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD4099 XLR adapter)
- Operating temperature range: -40 C to 45 C (-40 F to 113 F)
- Relative humidity: Up to 90 %
- Gooseneck, length: 140 mm (5.5 in)