||Building on the foundation of the Com-Tech Series, Crown's CTs Series offers new flexibility and value for installed sound applications. The Com-Tech Series were the first to offer independent selection of high- and low-impedance operation for a specific channel, and CTs Series amplifiers continue that tradition, with power levels and features carefully chosen to perfectly integrate into fixed install design requirements.
- 2-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 150W
- 4-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 300W
- 8-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 300W
- 16-ohm Stereo (Per Channel): 300W
- 70V Stereo (Per Channel): 300W
- 4-ohm Bridged-Mono: 300W
- 8-ohm Bridged-Mono: 600W
- 16-ohm Bridged-Mono: 600W
- 140V Bridged-Mono: 600W
- High power density. All two channel models and four channel model in a 2RU chassis, eight channel model in a 3RU chassis
- Crown Switching Power Supply for lighter weight
- Selectable "Constant-Voltage" or low-impedance (4/8 ohm) operation per channel on 2-channel models, and per channel-pair on 4-and 8-channel models
- 100V direct outputs on CTs 2000, CTs 3000, CTs 4200, and CTs 8200
- Legendary Crown class-I (BCA) and AB+B output topologies offer the best in amplifier reliability
- 4- and 8-channel models offer perfect independent power solutions for multi-zoned systems- "FIT" (Fault Isolation Topology) circuitry on 4- and 8-channel models isolates fault conditions without affecting neighboring channels
- Comprehensive array of indicators provide accurate diagnostics
- Two-channel models are fully PIP2-compatible. Multi-channel models accept MC accessory modules.
- HiQnet - compatible.
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz - 20 kHz): +/-0.25 dB.
- Signal to Noise Ratio below rated power (20 Hz to 20 kHz): 105 dB A-weighted.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at full rated power, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz: CTs 600/1200:"< 0.1%. CTs 2000/3000 < 0.35%.
- Damping Factor: 10 Hz to 100 Hz: > 3000.
- Crosstalk (below rated power, 20 Hz to 1 kHz): > 80 dB.
- Common Mode Rejection (CMR) (20 Hz to 1 kHz): 50 dB.
- DC Output Offset: < 2 mV.
- Input Impedance (nominal): 10 kilohms balanced, 5 kilohms unbalanced.
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu before input compression, +32 dBu absolute maximum.
- Load Impedance (Note: Safe with all types of loads):CTs 600/1200: Stereo: 2/4/8/16 ohms, 70V." Bridge Mono: 4/8/16 ohms, 140V.CTs 2000/3000: Stereo: 2/4/8/16 ohms, 70V, 100V." Bridge Mono: 4/8/16 ohms, 140V, 200V.
- Voltage Gain (at maximum level setting): 8/4 ohm operation, 1.4V sensitivityCTs 600 35:1 (31 dB)CTs 1200 50:1 (34 dB)CTs 2000 63.9:1 (36 dB)CTs 3000 71.4:1 (37 dB)26 dB: 20:1 (26 dB).70V operation, 1.4V sensitivity or 100V operation, 2.0V sensitivity: 50:1 (34 dB).
- Required AC Mains (+15%, -25%): 120V/60 Hz, 230V/50 Hz.
- Power Draw at Idle (120VAC mains): CTs 600/1200: 24W (standby mode)CTs 2000/3000: 35W (standby mode).
- Cooling: Continuously variable speed forced air, front-to-back airflow.
- Dimensions: 19 in. (48.3 cm) W x 3.5 in. (8.9 cm) H x 14.25 in. (36.2 cm) D.
- Weight: Net, ShippingCTs 600: 22.8 lb (10.3 kg), 27.7 lb (12.6 kg)CTs 1200: 23.4 lb (10.6 kg), 28.3 lb (12.8 kg)CTs 2000: 27.0 lb (12.2 kg), 32.0 lb (14.5 kg)CTs 3000: 27.7 lb (12.6 kg), 32.7 lb (14.8 kg).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Bridge Mode Indicator: Yellow LED illuminates when the rear-panel Mode Switch is set to the "Bridge" position.
- Ready Indicator: Green LED, one per channel, illuminates when the channel is initialized and ready to produce audio output. Indicator is off when PIP puts the amplifier in standby mode via the IQ system.
- Signal Indicators: Three green LEDs per channel indicate the amplifier's input and output signal levels.
- Signal: input signal is above -40 dBu."-20 dB: amplifier output is 20 dB below clipping."-10 dB: amplifier output is 10 dB below"clipping.
- Clip Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, illuminates when the channel's output signal reaches the onset of audible clipping. The Clip Indicator also will illuminate during Thermal Level Control (TLC) limiting or when the input compressor/limiter is protecting the amplifier from input overload.
- Thermal Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, illuminates when the channel has shut down, or is very near shutting down, due to thermal stress or overload.
- Fault Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, flashes when the amplifier output channel has stopped operating.
- Data Indicator: Yellow LED indicates IQ Loop data activity (if the amplifier is equipped with an IQ-PIP2 module, and connected to an IQ Loop).
- Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates amplifier has been turned on and AC power is available. The LED will flash when the AC line voltage is 15% above or 25% below the nominal rated value.
- Cooling Vents: Front-to-rear forced airflow.
- Power Switch: Push-on / push-off switch."
Back Panel Controls and Connectors
- Power Cord Connector: Standard 15 amp IEC inlet. Voltage is indicated above IEC inlet.
- Reset Switch: Resets the circuit breaker that protects the power supply.
- Speaker Connectors: One four-pole touch-proof terminal strip. Accepts up to 10 AWG terminal forks.
- Input Connectors: Balaced 3-pin terminal block connectors, one per channel, on the standard PIP2-BBY module.
- Channel Level Control: One 21-position detented rotary attenuator per channel, ranging from minus infinity (-70 dB) to 0 dB gain.
- Mode Switch: Two-position switch is used to select the amplifier's mode of operation: Dual or Bridge-Mono.
- Highpass Filter: One 3-position switch per channel selects between OFF, 35Hz and 70Hz 3rd-order filters.
- "Y" Input Switch: When set to ON, this switch parallels the input signals of the two channels, for use when the input signal is mono. Also can be used to daisy-chain the signal to another amplifier.
- Ventilation Grille: Front-to-rear forced airflow.
- PIP2 modules, including the PIP-LITE, PIP-USP3, and PIP-USP3/CN.
- Thermal Level Control (TLC): If an amplifier channel starts to overheat, the TLC system will engage the input compressor. By compressing the input, the amplifier will not generate as much heat and will have a chance to cool down.
- Junction Temperature Simulation (JTS): In the CTs 600/1200, if excess power is demanded, JTS circuitry limits the drive level of the output devices to a safe range, preventing damage.
- Fault: The amplifier will light the Fault LED if the amplifier output stage stops operating.
- AC Under/Over Voltage Protection: If the AC line voltage drops below 25% or rises above 15% of the nominal operating voltage of the amplifier, the amplifier's power supply turns off and the blue Power LED flashes. The amplifier will turn back on when the AC line voltage returns to safe operating levels.
- Circuit Breaker: This breaker protects the amplifier from excessive AC current draw.
- DC Output Servo: The output servo circuit protects your drivers by eliminating DC offset, even in the presence of very large asymmetrical signals.
- Inrush Limiting: A soft-start circuit in the power supply minimizes the amplifier's current draw during power-on.
- Variable-speed Fan: Two continuously variable speed fans direct the airflow through the amplifier for cooling.