8" Coaxial Loudspeaker / 8 Watt 70.7V High Performance Transformer/Baffle Assembly
The GD87W is a high performance coaxial loudspeaker package with performance specifications identical to the legendary Atlas Sound Model C803A
. This similarity in sonic quality insures that existing C803A
systems may be expanded with the new GD87W without any noticeable sonic or performance differences.
This coaxial loudspeaker features a 45Hz-19kHz (nominal) frequency response and a broad, uniform dispersion pattern of 105 (2kHz octave band). The GD87
combines a full-size 8" (203mm) dia., low-frequency reproducer and a 3" (76mm) high-frequency reproducer. The two sections are coupled via a built-in crossover network. The woofer has a 10oz. (260g) ceramic magnet; the tweeter has a 2.35 oz. (67g) ceramic magnet. The unit has an average sensitivity of 96dB (1W/1M).
The loudspeaker is matched with a high efficiency 8 watt 70.7V transformer with a maximum insertion loss of 0.6dB. This premium transformer is constructed of audio grade laminations and has a full range frequency response of +1dB from 50Hz to 15kHz. The primary taps are 1, 2, 4, and 8 watts.
The GD87W includes a factory installed 62-8
style CRS baffle with concealed loudspeaker mounting studs and includes screw mount hardware. The baffle finish is white powder coat epoxy.Features:
- Individually packaged for stocking & ordering convenience
- Industry standard 8" (203mm) coaxial, 16 watt, loudspeaker with high quality factory installed 8 watt line matching transformer and white CRS baffle
- Offers proven performance with wide frequency response
- Depth: 2-7/8" (7.3025 cm)
- Diameter: 8-1/8" (20.6375 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 4.75 lbs (2.15 kgs)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-15kHz (+/-7dB)
- Power Taps: 1, 2, 4, 8
- Speaker Type: Treated Paper
- Dispersion: 105 (2kHz Octave Band, -6dB Points)
- Sensitivity: 96dB Average
- UL Listed/Standard: 1480, 2043